Bug: Unable to log to network server with Burnin test 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Unable to log to network server with Burnin test 5.0

For some reason with the new burnin test pro ver. 5.0, we are unable to log test sesults to a remote server. Under test preferences, logging, I have the configuration to save logs to \\ops_server\logs\filename.log. Burnin test gives me the error "There was an error while trying to create an example log file C:\\ops_server\logs\filename.log
    Check that the directory exists and the file name is valid then check that write permission is available for the directory selected" For some reason, Burnin test is adding the "C:" making the path invalid. Using burnin test pro 4.0, this was not a problem and works correctly.

Also, Post test programs no longer seem to launch. Burnintest gives me this error ""There was an error while launching the external Post-test application.
    Check the path and file name entered in the perferences windows are correct"

I know that the path is correct, as I used the browse function in the config area. This function also worked in version 4.0. The file I am trying to launch is a .cmd file as it seems to matter what file type I am using (an .exe will work)

Thanks.
    Jay W.
    Diagnostic Engineer
    Comark Corporation
    93 West St.
    Medfield, MA 02052
    http://www.comarkcorp.com

BurnInTest 5.0 1000: Specifing network drives

We confirm that this is a bug and plan a new release mid next week to correct these issues.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Re: BurnInTest 5.0 1000: Specifing network drives

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark)
      We confirm that this is a bug and plan a new release mid next week to correct these issues.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
      Ian (PassMark)
      Thanks Ian, It's nice to see that your company is quick to respond to issues like this. With regards to the log reports that the software creates about system RAM and CPU, etc, is it possible for the system information to also include ATAPI devices? We have had instances where the wrong hard drive is shipped with the customer's system. If this information were available, the systems tester would be able to compare the generated log output with a "known-good" configuration.

Thanks again!
      Jay W.
      Diagnostic Engineer
      Comark Corporation
      93 West St.
      Medfield, MA 02052

Comment

Logging Disk drive and OPtical drive information

In version 5.0 of BurnInTest we added the Disk drive and Optical drive information to the log file. See example below:

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Machine type: Intel 3Ghz Prescott
        Machine serial #: GJAGSDJG#$#
        Network Name: BOUNTY

Date: 01/31/06 17:16:51
        Operating system: Windows XP Service Pack 2 build 2600 (32-bit)
        Number of CPUs: 1
        CPU manufacturer: GenuineIntel
        CPU type: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 3.00GHz
        CPU features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 DEP PAE
        CPU1 speed: 2999.2 MHz
        CPU L2 Cache: 2 MB (L3 Cache: 0 KB)
        RAM: 510 MB
        Video card: ASUS Extreme AX300 (Resolution: 1920x1200x16)
        Disk drive: Model ST3160827AS (Size: 149.0GB)
        Disk drive: Model ST380013AS (Size: 74.5GB)
        Optical drive: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H352A
        Optical drive: PIODATA DVD-RW DVR-108DX

Does this meet your requirement. If not, please let me know more specifically what you are after, and we will look at adding it to a future version.

Best regards,
        Ian

Comment

Re: Logging Disk drive and OPtical drive information

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark)
          In version 5.0 of BurnInTest we added the Disk drive and Optical drive information to the log file. See example below:

[snipped]

Disk drive: Model ST3160827AS (Size: 149.0GB)
          Disk drive: Model ST380013AS (Size: 74.5GB)
          Optical drive: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H352A
          Optical drive: PIODATA DVD-RW DVR-108DX

Does this meet your requirement. If not, please let me know more specifically what you are after, and we will look at adding it to a future version.

Best regards,
          Ian
          Hello Ian, that is perfect. I should have checked version 5.0 before I asked my question - we're still evaluating 4.0 due to the network and post test bug. I believe that when you release the bugfix, we'll be purchasing a site license.

Thanks again for all your help.
          Jay W.
          Diagnostic Engineer
          Comark Corporation
          93 West St.
          Medfield, MA 02052

Comment

Great.

The new build of V5.0, build 1001, of BurnInTest is now available. This corrects the use of Network drives that you reported for build 1000. You can download the new build from:
            http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Best regards,
            Ian (Passmark)

Comment

Working...
            X