2D and 3D test BurnInTest7 in Windows PE 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D and 3D test BurnInTest7 in Windows PE 3.1

What I need to add in Windows PE 3.1 that the test 2D and 3D will be working?

They both depend on DirectX and having the right video card driver.
    I don't think it is trivial to get this all into WinPE.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      They both depend on DirectX and having the right video card driver.
      I don't think it is trivial to get this all into WinPE.
      Actually, this does require some work but is possible. One "easy" way you might look into is using Winbuilder and Win7PE_SE project to build your bootable device. With this we have a PE system that loads the necessary drivers and 2D / 3D testing is working just fine. Also have audio drivers installed and this testing is working as well.

However, because we do not have a full version of Windows Media Player installed the video playback test seems to be failing. We do have wmv / avi files associated with VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html) player in the PE environment and double clicking video files works great. Any chance you could add support for this program as an option under the Test Preferences -> Video Playback. The other option would be to just read the association and go from there, but I suspect you need feedback from the application. VLC should allow you to get the information needed during testing.

Finally, we seem to have issue testing the burning of CD's or DVD's which we would like to do, but can live without and have just reverted to the read test.

This works great as it allows us to BurnIn the system prior to imaging or without needing to put on an intermediate image on the system to test and then wiping for the full version to be sold (we are a system builder).

Thanks for the great tool, hope we can work out the few remaining kinks!

Comment

Working...
      X