Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to connect to endpoint when running test with E1G42ET

Hi Sir,
    I am running advance network test with E1G42ET(built with Intel 82576 controller).
    I installed
    E1G42ET on SUT(system under test, Intel Romley platform), then run endpoint on SUT, the test OS is Win7-32 and Win7-64.
    It shows "Unable to connect to endpoint. Check endpoint.exe." when I run BurnIn test.

Please refer to my steps below.
    1. setup two systems, I will run BurnIn on one system, and run endpoint on another system(SUT)
    2. install Intel
    E1G42ET on SUT and boot to OS.
    3. set IP for the two controllers on
    E1G42ET, and run endpoint on SUT.
    4. run BurnIn network test,
    It shows "Unable to connect to endpoint. Check endpoint.exe."
    I can ping to the two controller on
    E1G42ET from another system, and I can see the two controllers under "Display endpoints".
    BurnIn can only request one controller on
    E1G42ET with endpoint.

Is there a way to set specific controller on
    E1G42ET for endpoint to run?
    Or I can only disable one of the two controller to run endpoint?

Thanks.

How are the two computers connected, via a hub/switch or directly via network cables? If they are connected directly and each network card is on a different subnet then BurnInTest will not be able to connect properly (currently the best way to connect the two systems is have all network cards connected via a switch and on the same subnet).

Also it's worth checking that the windows firewall is disabled on both systems or that the Endpoint and BurnInTest executables have been allowed to bypass the firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
      How are the two computers connected, via a hub/switch or directly via network cables? If they are connected directly and each network card is on a different subnet then BurnInTest will not be able to connect properly (currently the best way to connect the two systems is have all network cards connected via a switch and on the same subnet).

Also it's worth checking that the windows firewall is disabled on both systems or that the Endpoint and BurnInTest executables have been allowed to bypass the firewall.
      Hi Tim,
      I disabled firewall on both the two computers.
      I connected them by switch(DGS-1005D).
      Computer1, installed E1G42ET, I set IP(192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2) for the two ports of E1G42ET, I run endpoint on this computer.
      Computer2, I set IP 192.168.0.9 for the lan port on it, I run BurnIn on this computer.
      I can get response from all the three IP by ping them.
      The two test IP(192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2), I can see them under "display endpoint".

If you need more detail, please kindly let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Could you please enable the logging and set the trace file detail level to "Activity trace 2" and attempt the start the network test so the error is displayed.

Could you then please send us a copy of the .trace log files (it should be located in the current user Documents\PassMark\BurnInTest directory), our email is available on this page http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm.
        Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Sep-17-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your time to check this issue for me.
          I can run the test successfully with the two ways below.
          1. Run Endpoint on DUT, and connect both the two ports of lan card to Hub.
          2. or, disable one port of lan card, then run Endpoint.
          Thanks again.

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
          Could you please enable the logging and set the trace file detail level to "Activity trace 2" and attempt the start the network test so the error is displayed.

Could you then please send us a copy of the .trace log files (it should be located in the current user Documents\PassMark\BurnInTest directory), our email is available on this page http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm.

Comment

If one of the network cards on the endpoint side was not connected then this may have been stopping the test from starting correctly.

Comment

Working...
            X