Burn in test makes computer shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn in test makes computer shut down

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition. When I run the full test, it fails on the CPU coverage test. The computer just shuts down because it causes the CPU to reach 80 degrees celcius. I have run the max temp test, and it hit 60 at most, but this one test I have found to shut down the computer. Anyone have any ideas about this? Have it happen before? Is my motherboard bad?

Thanks in advance

Maybe you can adjust the max temp up a few degrees in BIOS?
    Did you check if the heat sink is properly attached? Is the airflow in the case OK?

Comment

Max temp is set to 80 degrees celcius. AMD's aren't supposed to go over that. Heatsink is attached correctly. I can run any other test fine. The max heat one only takes it to 51 degrees. Airflow is great, 110 CFM fan blowing air out the back. Had it running over 48 hours straight and max temp was 41 degrees. It seems only that one test causes it to max out instantly and shut down. It will pass the PC Test program, and Futuremarks tests.

Comment

Might be something else wrong, as a CPU with a heatsink shouldn't instantly jump to a high temperature. It should take some time for the heat sink to heat up, maybe 3 - 5 min.
        Maybe it is a issue in BIOS not reading the temp correctly. Is you BIOS up to date. Is the CPU heat sink really too hot to touch when it shuts down?

Comment

Working...
        X