Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues running BurnInTest in Audit mode with a WDS deployment

Hi all,

I have an issue where I am trying to set BurnInTest to run automatically from a network location on a network deployed Windows 8 installation. I have set BurnInTest to run automatically on the first boot, running in Audit mode (I'm working on a production line environment where all PCs that pass will be shipping to customers sysprepped and ready to use). The problem I'm facing is the machines refuse to run 2D and 3D tests and give various errors during the first run and always result in a FAIL. When running the tests for the second time (manually), all the tests pass fine.

Could this be due to the fact that Windows 8 boots into Metro interface and BurnInTest runs in the background? Or is this because DirectX has not yet been initialised when RunAsynchronous commands are run from the unattend XML file?

Has anyone else run into similar issues?

I'm completely stumped with this problem which is delaying our Windows 8 deployment.

Any help will be appreciated!

We tried to replicate a similar test with a normal windows 8 install, auto running BurnInTest at boot, and the behavior of it booting into the metro interface didn't prevent the tests from running.

Are you using the latest build of BurnInTest (version 7 build 1015)? What are the errors you are seeing?

Comment

Working...
    X