Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About BurnInTest test pattern

Hi all
    I do flash drive test will use the disk within the Default (cyclic), this method is by sequential data pattern -> random data with random seeking ...... etc order, if there are ways you can set yourself running from to start butterfly seeking, and to run some specific pattern? want to understand the random data "random data with random seeking how to generate? random on the fly or specific?
    Another issue I would like to ask you have look high low freq data overwrite pattern in the form of eq. Whether the high freq data 10101 & low freq data 00001 complementary?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Dannycycu; Nov-02-2012, 02:22 AM.

When using the Default (Cyclic) pattern the order that the tests are executed in can't be changed, they will cycle through in the order as displayed in the list. If you wanted to run them in a specific order you could do it by creating a BurnInTest script but this would not be a very efficient way of running the test (as each time you wanted to change the pattern you would need to stop the test, change the pattern and restart the test).

The random data is generated at the start of the test and re-generated each time the disk is detected as being full (and the current set of test files are deleted).

I'm not entirely sure what your question is regarding the high low frequency data overwrite pattern is, there is more detail about this pattern (and the other patterns) in the "Test Descriptions" section of the BurnInTest help file in the "Disk test suite" topic.

Comment

Thanks Tim.
      I will try to create BurnInTest script method to achieve my goals.

I would like to know the difference between the random data is generated at the start of the test and re-generated each time the disk is detected as being full?

Sorry, I will explain again my question again for "high low frequency data overwrite pattern", I would like to know whether the relationship between high frequency data and low frequency data are both complementary? I want to understand the pattern for each cycle of each bit is 0 or 1 , because I need to make sure the signal on the oscilloscope is correct.

I will read the "Test Descriptions" section of the BurnInTest help file in the "Disk test suite" topic.

Thanks.

Comment

I will explain again my question again for "high low frequency data overwrite pattern", I would like to know whether the relationship between high frequency data and low frequency data are both complementary? I want to understand the pattern for each cycle of each bit is 0 or 1 , because I need to make sure the signal on the oscilloscope is correct.

Comment

The file is first written with each byte with a value of 0xAA (1010 1010), except for the first few bytes containing the "this file can be deleted" BurnInTest header.
          It is then closed, reopened and then written with the pattern 0x08 0x42 0x10 0x84 0x21 (1000 0100 0010 0001 0000 1000 0100 0010 0001).

It looks like the help is no longer describing this pattern correctly so we'll update it for the next release.

Comment

Thanks for your assistance, Tim.
            I probably understand the way you describe.

Comment

Working...
            X