Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about test file size

Hi all,
    According to the manual on the "Test Descriptions" section in the "Disk test suite" topic, when the test file to achieve at least 94% full, BurnIn Test software will be regarded as a full level, then the action to do the test file to delete and re-start the test, then Iwould like to know the disk inside the remaining 6% if there is a chance to test? special way to test the remaining 6%?

Thanks!

This is only for hard drives that have a swap file or windows directory on them (some space needs to be kept free for other applications and operating system use), non system drives will test up to 100% of the available space.

Comment

According to your reply, the non-system drive can test 100% of the available space, but when I test my flash storage devices in the test file size is set to 5%, but in my observation always ran a total space 95%, the system will delete the test file and re-start the test, so my flash storage devices will always have 5% of the space can not be tested, it seems that is not the same with your reply, I would like to know if there is a special way I tested up to 100%, or adjust my settings to achieve my goal.

Thanks.

Comment

A whole test files needs to fit on the drive.
        Try instead with a smaller file size. e.g. 1% of the disk size.

Comment

Thanks, David.
          I confirm that the file size to 1% of the disk size setting can achieve almost fill the all flash storage, a little available space remaining can not be written to the file size of 1% of the test file.

Comment

When the test files to delete and re-start the test, originally to be part of the space available (depending on settings), re-write the test file to start the test from that part of the available space?

Comment

I only half understand the question.
              Behaviour will depend on the drive as well as the software.
              For example most SSDs do wear levelling. So the sectors on the disk in use are cycled. The logical disk layout doesn't match the physical placement of data for SSDs. Fragmentation of free disk space can also mean that parts of files might be scattered across the drive.

Comment

Thanks, David.
                I understand your explanation, and I am going to read the flash memory datasheet.

Comment

Working...
                X