What differences in these two ways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What differences in these two ways?

If I use windows explorer setting to run a single pattern (Butterfly seeking) at least a full disk, then manually stop and using windows explorer setting to run another separate pattern (Binary 1), this action two pattern results of the tests are passed, but I use the script ran the same two pattern, through I observed the test pattern conversion which action (stop, delet test file, close test) and the manual method seems to be the same, but the manual method are passed ,only the script method will fail (Test file could not be created.Check access privileges.).
    What differences in these two ways?

Thanks.

I don't know what you mean by "windows explorer setting" in this context.

Comment

Hi David,
      "windows explorer setting" = "Test Preferences window" setting.

Comment

Can you post the script that was used.

Comment

Hi David,
          My script :

LOOP 3
          {
          SETCYCLES 1
          SETDURATION 0

SETDISK DISK F: MODE butterfly FILE 5 BLOCK 1024 SEEK 100
          RUN DISK

SETCYCLES 19
          SETDURATION 0

SETDISK DISK F: MODE binary1 FILE 5 BLOCK 1024 SEEK 100
          RUN DISK
          }

Comment

We don't have any issues when running the test script on a USB drive here. What file system is the USB drive using?

Comment

My flash storage is using FAT32 file system.

Comment

Ok that's the same as we were testing so just wanted to make sure. We can't reproduce any errors when running a script like this so it is likely caused by something specific to your USB drive.

Comment

Ok, I will continue to look for something different specific in my flash storage device.
                  Thanks,Tim.

Comment

The only difference in this two-way test, a set number of cycles the way to stop and then manually select the next pattern and press the start button, one reaches a set number of cycles "automatic" stop and then automatically select the next pattern to start the test.
                    So I want to know automatically stop after the software do what action I can not be seen with the eyes? Which action is different with the manual?

Comment

I am not sure what two-way test you are referring to. Is this in reference to the script above and the two run disk commands or an unrelated question? If you are running a script, then there wouldn't normally be any manually stopping and restarting.

If you click on stop, then the test stops & the test files are deleted regardless of how much of the disk was tested.
                      If you leave it to automatically cycled, then the disk will be filled before deleting the files and moving to the next cycle.

Comment

Yes, related to the above script, and the two ran Disk command.
                        According to your explanation, via my script to 19cycle, and then test the Stop & test file will be deleted, and then automatically run the next pattern.
                        Duty Cycles 19 cycle through the test configuration is set to reach 19cycle test and then stop & test files will be deleted, and then manually select the next pattern & click on the start.
                        These two test methods should not be different, but the result was different.
                        Why?

Comment

As already pointed out we aren't in the position to wave a magic wand and tell you why your hardware (which we have no access to) is failing

Comment

I think some of the problem through the connections you paste the "User Guide Ed7.0" can find the answer, I read quite a number of times, but at the meeting to the forum may want to find a different interpretation methods.
                            I know You can't wave a magic wand and tell me why my hardware (which you have no access to) is failing.Just hope that you more familiar with this software than I told me some clues.
                            Possible I would like this forum great, only to tell you where can find an explanation in the manual, and tell you which is a failure from the trace log? Which is passed?
                            Last edited by Dannycycu; Nov-19-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately your posts are nearly incoherent. I suspect English is your 2nd language & you might be using an online automated translation service.

Asking us to rewrite the User's Guide because you can't understand the English, just isn't realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X