Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with saved configurations with BIT5 #1001.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with saved configurations with BIT5 #1001.

Hello,

we used BIT4 and now BIT5. Unfortunately we encounter problems while saving the configuration files with the new version.

If we load them after saving, some tabs are switched back to standard values (eg. Sound; Logging; RAM; ...). This will cause much extra work on our site! Also some configurations default values seems not to work -> Logging "Max File size" = 0!

Can you please advise, if this is a general problem? We use four different systems until yet, all with the same problem.

br
    EKF

I can confirm that there is a problem in the translation of BurnInTest V4.0 to V5.0 configuration files. We are working on a correction and hope to have a new build out by the end of the week that corrects this problem. I'll post again when ready.

Best regards,
    Ian

Comment

Thank you Ian for your quick answer and help. But I must mention, that the problem also appear if we create the configuration files completely new under BIT5.

Maybe it is a problem that BIT4 was installed before on the system? We use Windows 2000 SP4 in english version for testing.

Comment

Do not load a V4.0 configuration file into BurnInTest V5.0

The main problem is that if you start BurnInTest V5.0 (builds 1000 to 1002) and load any V4.0 configuration file, any configuration file saved after this point in time will be corrupted (unless you delete the LastUsed.cfg file) on the next load (even if you stop and start BurnInTest).

We have been working to resolve this as a high priority, but will be unable to get a new release out this week. We now aim for a new version early next week. Sorry.

In the meantime, if you have loaded any V4.0 configuration files, and saved them from V5.0 of BurnInTest, then you should delete these new config files. To create a new config file in V5.0 you should delete the LastUsed.bitcfg file and start BurnInTest and set up your configuration. Do not load a V4.0 configuration file into BurnInTest V5.0.

Best regards,
        Ian

Comment

A new version of BurnInTest, V5.1 build 1002, is now available:
          http://www.passmark.com/ftp/bitpro51.exe

I believe that this resolves the problems in this post as well as your post on restoring the winodw size. We currently plan to make this our public build tomorrow.

Regards,
          Ian

Comment

This issue has been resolved in the BurnInTest public release V5.1 1003 and can downloaded from:
            http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Best regards,
            Ian

Comment

Working...
            X