Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnin 5 Pro error on multiple workstations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnin 5 Pro error on multiple workstations.

Hello. I am receiving this error on 9 identically imaged Optiplex gx520 workstations. I have tried different speed cycles on each workstation. The error occurs at random times. Any ideas? Here is a screenshot. Thanks

http://i2.tinypic.com/vg66ut.jpg

Hi There,
    I am having exactly the same problem!
    Well, I am not using the same hardware as you, but all installations are identical. Some display the error, some seem to function fine for hours.
    The addresses mentioned on the error message can vary. Sometimes its a read error, sometimes a write.
    I tries swapping disks, checking disks for errors, but the problem is not related to the harddisk.
    My hardware is an industrial board with a CN400 graphic chip, a VIA EDEN 1GHz processor and VT8237 south bridge. 512 MB RAM on board and a 40 GB 2.5" western digital harddisk.

Currently I am running the tests without 2D and 3D graphics.

Any suggestions are welcome.

best regards, Branko

Comment

First, you should download and install V5.1 of BurnInTest. There is a (slim) chance we might have already corrected this problem.

If the problem continues, run each test one at a time to try to isolate the problem down to a specific test. e.g. just the Disk or the CPU or Serial port, etc..

It would be good if you could post some additional crash addresses, (like 0x00FF7034). If the addresses are exactly the same it is an indication of a single software bug causing the problems. If the addresses change a lot there might be several issues, or a more general hardware problem such as bad RAM, overheating, power supply issues, motherboard design flaws or buggy device drivers.

Not enough information was provided to conclude the two problems are in fact due to the same issue.

---
      David

Comment

Working...
      X