AMD X2 3800+ Slow video when under full load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD X2 3800+ Slow video when under full load

Here's a strange problem. I generally run BurnInTest 4 or 5 Pro on a machine with CPU MMX/SSE, CPU maths, RAM (torture mode), 2D and 3D video all
    at 100%. This loads the machine heavily, and I find, gives the best overall stress test. Normally on a 2000+ MHZ machine with a good video card (FX5200 or better) the 3D video runs at 20 to 40fps. On the machine I'm currently testing (an AMD X2 3800+ with an ATI X1800) I'm getting 2.5fps with the same test (the laptop beside it, which Intel graphics, is getting 15 fps.) The 3D test runs fast when I run drop the CPU tests, which suggests to me that something is bottlenecking the PCIe slot when the CPU is under full load. Is this a known problem (either with BurnInTest or Windows) and is there a fix?

T

BurnInTest is not really meant to be a benchmark program, but slow performance can be an indication of a configuration problem. BurnInTest varies the load depending on your hardware. So it increases the CPU load on Dual & Quad systems. So you are not doing an apples for apples benchmark comparision with BurnInTest. This might explain your problem.

I would try using PerformanceTest, to try and see if the 3D performance is bad when run in isolation. http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

---
    David

Comment

Working...
    X