Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running BITPro from a USB key

I'm trying to run tests from a USB key and I have the following problem:

I can't run the CD/DVD test in the ''Burn CD-RW'' mode. I get the message ''Unable to create CD test data'' even when I set the Test data drive to the C: local drive.

also

When I run the CD/DVD test in the ''Burn CD-RW'' mode from an installed version, I get a failed status with the error description ''Could not open file on CD/DVD for reading (X 2).

Any suggestions.

Thanks

It is normal that the CD-RW test will not work with your C: drive, which I assume is hard disk?

The CD-RW test is only for re-writable CD's and CD burners.

What hardware, software & media are you using?

----
    David

Comment

Thanks David for your answer.

If I understand correctly, when I use the CD-RW test from a USB key, the CD test data cannot be created on the C: drive?

I'm testing system with a local hard drive C:, and a CD burner with a re-writable CD. I would prefer to run all test from a USB key and not make a local installation of the BIT software.

Let me know how you would make the CD-RW test base on this configuration.

Thanks

Daniel

Comment

I think I have misunderstood your initial question. Sorry about that.

For the Burn CD-RW setting, PassMark format Test CD data is temporarily created on a harddisk before burning this test data to the CD-RW. This test data is very large. By default, it will be created in the BurnInTest installation directory, and is deleted after the CD-RW burn test.

The target drive for this test data may be changed from the “default installation directory” to the root directory of a hard disk on the system. This hard disk drive letter is specified from the drop down “Test data drive” list. The selected drive will be saved as user configuration after selecting “OK” (you do not need to add a CD drive to alter this drive configuration).

This option is provided for when BurnInTest is run from read-only media (CD/DVD’s), USB drives or other disks with insufficient space and where the hard disk that BurnInTest is installed is to be tested by the BurnInTest hard disk test (writing and reading a large temporary test file to a disk that is being tested with BurnInTest should be avoided).

So if you have selected C: drive as the temporary drive it should work if you have permission & space to write a large (700MB) file to the hard disk.

If it is not working as expected, then disable all other tests except for the CD-RW test & turn on logging (trace level 2). Then please E-mail us your BurnInTest configuration file and the log file.

----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X