Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D fail about KVM

Hi
    I have some questions about KVM, I know FAQ said Don't use a KVM switch can narrow down this issue.
    Because I need to testing 30 machines every project, use KVM is better to test, I want to know

1. Why some project can use KVM never 2D fail, and some project will happened 2D issue almost 100% when use KVM.
    2. What may related on this different ?

use KVM's issue here
    1.No operations reported in time out period
    2.frame could not be displayed and was skipped
    3.as picture

P.S.
    1. Burnin(1024) the same issue.
    2. HDMI/VGA KVM the same issue.
    thanks a lot!

Your screen shot was too low a resolution to see anything.

As a general comment, I don't think it really makes sense to do video card testing without a monitor connected. Some errors such as video corruption will go unnoticed if you can't inspect the display output.

We haven't done a deep investigation as to why a KVM switch doesn't always provoke an error. Likely it is timing and related to the design of the card and maybe the output in use (DVI, Display port, etc..).

Comment

hi,
      this screen's error is :
      Software exception encountered.
      This problem is most often caused by Burnin Test
      exercising a system component that failed.

this issue happened rate is lower.
      use KVM 10% / don't use KVM 3%

and I have another question
      1. we bought burnin 8.1 (build 1003 or older)and have a key
      Can we download 8.1 (build 1024) and use the same key to use?
      2. If yes, we can use this key until 8.1 update to 8.X or 9 ?

thank you so much.

Comment

Yes, you should upgrade to the latest patch release. The key for V8.x will work in all V8.x releases.
        All upgrades are free for 6 months after a purchase. We should have V9 available as a beta release very early in the new year..

The 3% failure rate might be real hardware failures. Is hard to know without further investigation.
        If you are getting a crash (and not just an error message) when using a KVM, then this is a bit unusual. You would need to investigate the crash dump to see if it crashed in DirectX or Video card device driver code or in the BIT application itself.

Comment

Working...
        X