A few Issues Found with BurnInTest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Issues Found with BurnInTest

1. When doing USB Loopback testing, I get mouse/keyboard lag. This has been tested on multiple devices. I understand the loopback is using the maximum bandwidth available. Is there a workaround for this to allow the bandwidth for the mouse/keyboard?

2. I had 3 RAM data verify errors. See syntax: process 3. data verify error: virtual address 0x000000006DC8EF50. Read 0x000000007195a07, expected 0x000000007195a05.
    64 bit sequence, lists 2 bits in error.

Bad ram stick?

3. Using WinPE Builder I have tried creating custom images to no avail. the changes to the script simply do not take, and I have no way of saving the logs as external usb sticks do not show up when plugged in to save to. I have tried different custom builders and just ran into different issues with each attempt. driver errors, crashes, etc.

4. Using WinPE I cannot get the USB 3 loopback driver to function properly, or for instance, have the system autorun without an error, especially when i attempt to use a default.bitcfg.

5. The system works when running from as usb stick using windows to go, but then there are other limitations, such as only being able to run one test at a time, or the mouse freezing.

Any advice?

I simply want to be able to run the full stress test with usb loopback on our NUC's. When I build them, i generally build 10 at a time, and stress test all at the same time. Unfortunately I am always running into some issue any way I slice it.

1) Connect the mouse & keyboard to a different USB host controller. Or use a traditional PS/2 keyboard. Might also be a CPU load issue if it is a slow machine. We don't see significant lag on desktop machines with a single USB port being tested.

2) Yes, RAM errors normally mean bad RAM. But there is a small change it is CPU or motherboard, or BIOS settings (e.g. voltage too low)

3,4) Did you following these instructions for WinPE?
    https://www.passmark.com/support/bur...e_selfboot.htm

i generally build 10 at a time, and stress test all at the same time
    I looked up the order and licenses associated with your Email address and couldn't find any. If you need more in depth support, please considering purchasing the software.

Comment

1) The mouse and keyboard are already on a separate controller.

2) Thanks. Just verifying those error codes

3) I have followed instructions to the letter, and generally if I try to add too many drivers, or add too much extra startup code, it just crashes when building the image, so I've had to keep it basic.

4) A win2go version works with the loopback driver/device, but WINPE won't detect the loopback device, with or without the drivers built into the image.

License) The software is purchased - under a corporate license. I don't use our purchasing departments e-mail to browse the forum, hence there being no link to my account.

Comment

Working...
      X