• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody help me.

Hi All:
    Platform:Cedar trail
    Chipset:NM10
    Softwar:Win7 32-bits

Issue:When I ran BIT V6.0 pro,I could run a program that was controlled by SMbus.
    But When I ran BIT V7.0 pro,the SMbus was held always.That cuase my program can't operate normally.Why it that?

V7 uses the SMBus to collect SPD data from the ram sticks.
    It only does this at startup. I am pretty sure it isn't 'held always' but I could imagine that if some 3rd party application is reading data from the SMBus continually this might be interrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.chuang View Post
      Hi All:
      Platform:Cedar trail
      Chipset:NM10
      Softwar:Win7 32-bits

Issue:When I ran BIT V6.0 pro,I could run a program that was controlled by SMbus.
      But When I ran BIT V7.0 pro,the SMbus was held always.That cuase my program can't operate normally.Why it that?
      When I clsoeed BIT V7 pro ,then the issue was still happen(my program can't operate).
      But if I uninstalled it,then the issue won't appear(my program can operate).

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        V7 uses the SMBus to collect SPD data from the ram sticks.
        It only does this at startup. I am pretty sure it isn't 'held always' but I could imagine that if some 3rd party application is reading data from the SMBus continually this might be interrupted.
        When I clsoeed BIT V7 pro ,then the issue was still happen(my program can't operate).
        But if I uninstalled it,then the issue won't appear(my program can operate).

Comment

The act of installing and un-installing the software doesn't change any SMBus settings in the system. Doesn't use the SMbus at all in fact. So I think you are confused. The SMBus is only used when the software is run.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the issue then we are going to need more details about the hardware being used, the 3rd party software being used, logs, etc..
          It might be the case that it is impossible to debug without an example of the hardware being available.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            The act of installing and un-installing the software doesn't change any SMBus settings in the system. Doesn't use the SMbus at all in fact. So I think you are confused. The SMBus is only used when the software is run.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the issue then we are going to need more details about the hardware being used, the 3rd party software being used, logs, etc..
            It might be the case that it is impossible to debug without an example of the hardware being available.

When I ran BIT V7.1 pro first,then ran a program that is CPUID CPU-Z,then my program could operate normally.
            But if i ran BIT V7.1 pro last,then my program was still fail.

Comment

Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
              X