Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard disk Error with Winpe (make with 1803 adk) and Burn v9

Hi,
    I use Burning Test with winpe since version 8.0 and I have never had any problems. Now, however, as the title suggests, the new version reports errors on HD because it does not contain media.
    I have recreated a winpe key with ADK version 1803 and re-inserted the startnet updating the Burnintest program to the latest version

I add that, even on previous versions, the burning test correctly detects brand and type of ram, processor and motherboard but the hard disk is always anonymous, only expresses the size. With the help of the microsoft technet manuals I created a visual-basic program that takes the information of the bios and reports (see attached in jpg), but it would be optimal that the software also recognizes the brand and type of HD
    thanks
    Paolo

Are you using our WinPEBuilder application? If so it looks like you will need to add the "WinPE-StorageWMI" package when creating the WinPE image.

We'll be looking at releasing a new version of WinPEBuilder that selects this option automatically.

Comment

Well, I used the pdf manual downloaded from the site. I did not use the Winpebuilder because it did not refer to new versions of ADK. I added the "WinpeStorage" cab file via command line, but the problem persists. I noticed another thing: I created a bootable winpe usb stick. If in the test preferences of hard disks I remove the check to "automatically select all fixed disk", both the hard disk and the key are formatted in RAW.
      The brand and the name of the disk are not inserted anyway.

Comment

Give us a day to two and we'll do an updated release of our WinPE builder tool to try.

Comment

The WinPE Builder tool has been updated to add WinPE-StorageWMI package by default when choosing BurnInTest program. You can download it here.

Comment

hi, everyone
            I just used the software to create winpe support.
            If I select version 4/5 the cab files necessary for operation are already selected.
            If I select winpe for windows 10 nothing is selected.
            I still selected the suggested files from the pdf manual and added the Winpe-Storage.
            What I noticed:
            the program tries to test also the present card reader (which recognizes as a unit)
            the program warns that there is no media present.
            the program puts the disks offline and protects them from writing.

I have not changed the method or installation compared to the 8.x version.
            tips?

Comment

Goodmorning everyone!
              Has anyone had any problems similar to the one described? Any suggestions?

Comment

If I select winpe for windows 10 nothing is selected.
                We can't seem to reproduce this issue. WinPEBuilder nornally saves the last used settings (located in a WinPEBuilder sub directory user's Documents folder). If they were not selected previously, then it would also not set them when you start the program. HOWEVER, if you select BurnInTest in under Program/Files tab, it should automatically select the required packages.

What I noticed:
                the program tries to test also the present card reader (which recognizes as a unit)
                the program warns that there is no media present.
                the program puts the disks offline and protects them from writing.
                Can you clarify if you are referring to BurnInTest running in WinPE or WinPEBuilder? WinPEBuilder does not put any disk offline.

Comment

Hello
                  and thanks for your answer.
                  The observations I made refer to the test done in WINPE, after the creation of the ISO file.
                  Now I am recreating the iso file, doing a reset of the settings and checking what happens
                  Bye

Comment

Hello,
                    I have done further tests, as seen from the attached images.
                    I discovered that by creating WINPE support with version 1803 the disks are put offline and write-protected, generating the error.
                    However, the software recognizes a disk drive different from the one there is.
                    With the WINPE version created with version 1709 I have unit problems (I see three).
                    With the WINPE version 1709 bit 8.x (latest version) the test works

Comment

Another ipg

Comment

We'll see if we can create a various combination of WinPE with BurnInTest V9 and V8 to see if we can reproduce the issue you are seeing. However, I don't have a computer available that is still running Windows 10 (1709).

Also I noticed that in one of your screenshot that you are attempting to run a Diskpart script, but the script is missing. Can you send/attached the script and also your startnet.cmd script you are using?

Comment

WinPEBuilder does not put any disk offline.
                          Looking over the code, it seems I misspoke...due to a bug. WinPEBuilder does call Setsanpolicy on the WinPE image, but it should of only be called when the program selected is our digital forensics application, OSForensics. The bug was applying this policy to all images.

Two possible solutions:

1. This bug is corrected in WinPEBuilder V1.2.102. You can create your image anew.

2. If you are comfortable with the command line and don't want to build your image again. You can modified your existing images.
                          • Open the "Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment" with administrator privileges.
                          • Mount the existing image (e.g. "dism /mount-wim /wimfile:e:\sources\boot.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\temp\mount", mount directory should already be created)
                          • Set the SAN policy (e.g. "setsanpolicy c:\temp\mount 1", 1 is online, 2 is shared offline, 3 is offline)
                          • Commit and unmount the image to save. (e.g. "dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:c:\temp\mount /commit")
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	setsan.png Views:	1 Size:	13.8 KB ID:	42422

Comment

Goodmorning PassmarK
                            with the last suggestion the program works correctly, formatting the disk and does not protect it from writing.
                            There remain errors that tell me that there are no media inserted (see the second picture of my first post). I have found that the problem is determined by the "Automatically select all fixed disk .." flag.
                            He seems to want to test volumes and ninth discs. As a result, it creates the error. Disabling the flag and choosing what to test the program correctly tests the disk.

Comment

HI everyone,
                              with the latest version (1007) the system works perfectly. Thanks to all your team.
                              Just a simple curiosity: to test the hard disk the program requires that it be formatted, but doing so will lose the information of the disk (disk brand, disk name etc.).
                              It is not a problem of the motherboard or the disk, because with a Visual Basic program that I launch before the test I correctly see the information on the disk.
                              It's not that important, but ...
                              Thank you for your work!

Comment

Working...
                              X