Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen 2xxx Temperature showing 110 degree

Hi,

yesterday i have my first Ryzen 2600X processor with an ASUS B350M-A motherboard. With latest BurnInTest v8 or v9 ( 1006 ) it shows the temperature of the CPU with around 110 degree. ASUS motherboard Tools show the correct 67-68 degree. When there will be support for Ryzen 2xxx processors ?

Regards
    D4esiderius

For some reason AMD decided it would be a good idea to not report the real temperature. But instead report the temperature with an offset, and then vary the offset between CPU models.

We've contacted AMD to ask about the offset value for this model. Some people are claiming it is 10C (which doesn't seem to be true). Others 60C and others 10C + 49C.

Comment

If it helps, I have a Ryzen 2700X on the bench. BIT is saying 85c where as the AMD Ryzen Master software is saying between 25c and 30c

Comment

Just wondering if this issue has been fixed yet?

Comment

Temperature support for AMD Ryzen was introduced in V8.1 Build 1024. If you are using the latest release of BurnInTest, V9, the temperature should be reported correctly.

Comment

Hi,

we noticed by Testing Threadripper Systems that the CPU Temp is reported with the Offset. I can verify this on 19xx, 29xx and 29xxWX. HWMonitor does Show the correct Temps.

Did anyone already look into this? Since we are selling Threadripper Workstations we Need the correct Temps to be shown.

kr Kali

Comment

This is quite a mess from our point of view, so far we know of 6 different temperature offsets from 10 degrees up to 76 degrees for these AMD models so we basically have to have a lookup table and match each model to a temperature offset.

If you have the Ryzen Master utility installed on any of the systems with incorrect temps could you please let us know the difference in the displayed temperature between BurnInTest and the Ryzen tool so we can update our list.

Comment

So i talked to my AMD Contact in Texas About it. And this is what i got:

For 2nd Generation Ryzen AM4 :
                The AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X uses a +10°C tCTL offset; this offset has already been incorporated into motherboard BIOSes. No other 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ desktop processor uses an offset.

For Ryzen Threadripper :
                As with the AMD Ryzen™ processor, the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor tracks two distinct temperature sensors:
                • Tjunction (Tj): the average true temperature at the interface point between the processor die(s) and heatspreader.
                • Tcontrol (Tctl): an AMD proprietary offset that is designed to govern automatic fan policies.
                The Tctl offset for the 1st and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor is +27°C to Tjunction. Please ensure your monitoring tool is updated before drawing conclusions about thermal performance.

I did some Sample work this Morning and can confirm the 27° Offset on Threadripper across the Models. Can you Guys work this in?

Kr Kali

Comment

We've made some changes in this build to add a -27 offset for the majority of the Threadrippers (ones we have not seen or had reported to us), however the above information is not entirely correct as some models do not match this offset (we have seen a -76 offset for the 2990WX), https://www.passmark.com/ftp/temp/bitpro_debug.exe.

Comment

I have Testet 2990WX myself and can tell that the 27° Offset are correct. Can you tell me in what configurations a 76 Offset was found?

Mainboard
                    BIOS
                    Windows Ver.

I will cross run some Tests this Week on Motherbards and BIOS to see if i can find it.

kr Kali

Comment

This was on Windows 10 Professional, motherboard was an Asus ROG ZENITH EXTREME, bios version 1402.

Comment

I have Tested the 2990WX with Asus X399-A and an AsRock X399 Proffesinal Gaming. In both i can see the 27°Offset.

I sadly dont have a ROG Zenith with me but liked to Point out that the BIOS 1402 is outdated. Current Version including new AGESA Code is 1701. Also my Asus Contacts pointed out that there adjusted the Offset with 1601.

kr Kali

Comment

Working...
                        X