"USB device not recognised" when USB2.0 Loop Back is plugged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "USB device not recognised" when USB2.0 Loop Back is plugged in

I have seen the above message when I plug in the USB2.0 loop backs into my system.
    Using:
    - 2meter cables to attach the loop back to the port
    - Windows 7 64-bit

When the above message is displayed in windows, the loop back cannot be detected in Burn In Test and it is shown as an "Unknown device" in the device manager. Also, the USB2.0/USB1.0 indicator is turned off. The indicator being turned off indicates that it is in USB1.0?

This also happens somewhat randomly, in that various ports may fail to detect the USB loop back

Yes if the USB2 LED is off then the plug has not been able to connect at USB2 speed.

Has this plug worked on this or other systems before without any issues?
    Have you tried using a shorter cable?

Comment

Has not been able to connect at USB2.0 speed....and will just fall back to USB1.0? In this case, can the loop back still be able to function normally as a USB1.0 loopback? Does it need a different set of drivers to do so? And can I check whether it is now functioning as a USB1.0 device?

The "USB device not recognised" message would always correspond to the un-ilumminated LED indicator or vice versa.

The plug has worked on this and other systems before without issues. And yes, I have tried using shorter cables. We are still able to observe the same behaviour.

Comment

Is there a way to confirm that the loopback has fallen back to USB1.0?

Comment

If the power LED is on and the USB2 High-speed LED is off then it should be in USB1 mode, however if the driver is failing to install and the plugs are not recognised it may not be initialising the plug correctly.

You should also be able to verify this with USB2Test as the speed of the plug is displayed next to the device name. However if the driver seems to be failing and the plugs are not being detected by BurnInTest then they will likely not be detected by USB2Test either.

In device manager are you able to uninstall or reinstall the device driver, if you right click on the device are you able to select the "Update driver" menu option?

Comment

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the device drivers. But it comes back to the same observation. What I managed to do was change the USB controller altogether and that helped. Now I'm able to detect the loopback as a USB2.0 device.

Comment

Working...
            X