Running BIT RAM Test form Telnet Prompt Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running BIT RAM Test form Telnet Prompt Fails

Using window 7 or XP, I tried both with same results. I created a BIT config that only runs RAM testing. If I run the test locally from the C:\ prompt the test will PASS but if I run from a Telnet prompt (as administrator) the test will fail with the BIT log saying 0 operation run during test period.

Is this a bug? or a Windows config issue? any suggestions? thanks for any help

You are doing Telnet into a Window's box? I didn't think anyone did that. Why not a full remote desktop?

Which version of BIT are you using.

How does (Unix based) Telnet handle requests from Windows User Account Control for elevating admin privileges on Windows?

Comment

Hello David Its Hilario from General Dynamics.
      We need to run in a command line mode so we can automate our testing. I was first using version 7 but quickly switched back to 6 once I started having trouble. The USB test runs fine, not sure why the RAM test is a problem with Telnet. I set up BIT to auto stop when the test completes using the "run external app & exit option" in the post test tab. Any advise?

Comment

We don't support V6 any more.

Can you go back to V7, then turn off UAC in Windows.
        http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/w...trol-on-or-off

Then it should work from the command line. If there is still some problem after that can you turn on level 2 logging from the logging preferences window and E-mail us the log and the script you are using.

Comment

hello
          PsExec works. thx for the help. UAC option didn't work. The USB test runs but not the RAM test. I'm going to go the PsExec route for now. thx again

Comment

Working...
          X