MAC Address in BIT test report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Address in BIT test report?

Is it possible to configure the HTML test report in BIT 7.1 to include the MAC Address of the system on which it's run? Our field installers need the info. Back when we were using version 5.2, I ran a batch file after BIT completed that would get the MAC and append it to the test report (which we'd been saving in txt format), but this method doesn't work with HTML.

Are you referring to the customer certificate output? Currently the MAC address should be displayed in the Network section of the HTML and TXT log output but is not part of the customer certificate system summary.

We'll look at adding the MAC address to the customer certificate for the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
      Are you referring to the customer certificate output? Currently the MAC address should be displayed in the Network section of the HTML and TXT log output but is not part of the customer certificate system summary.

We'll look at adding the MAC address to the customer certificate for the next release.
      Yep, that was what I meant. Is it possible to add a line of HTML to the certificate template, perhaps, where the company address could go?

Comment

There is already a section in the customer certificate template for a company address (see the "footer" section of the template).

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
          There is already a section in the customer certificate template for a company address (see the "footer" section of the template).
          Yeah, I know. I was asking if a line of HTML to get the MAC address could be there instead.

Comment

... and if so, what it would be.

Comment

The MAC address would be added to the Network lines of the "System Summary" section of the certificate, this would match the other logging outputs and keep the information in the expected area.

Comment

::sigh:: Okay, one of us doesn't understand the other one here, and I'm honestly not sure which is which, so I'm going to try starting over from the beginning. This time I'll try to be as clear and complete as possible.

Is it possible to configure the Burn-In 7.1 Test certificate to show the MAC address, and if so, how would I go about arranging that? Would it be accomplished via an edit to the BITCertificateTemplate.html file, and if so, how would I accomplish this? What specific edits would I make?

Comment

No editing of the certificate template would be required, we will simply change the system summary output to include the MAC address for the network cards like this;

System summary

System component Description
                  Computer Name TIMR-PM004
                  .... ...
                  Network Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) (Speed: 1Gb/s) (MAC: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX)

Comment

So, to clarify (and to answer my original question), THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO GET THE MAC ADDRESS INCLUDED IN THE TEST CERTIFICATE, AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT PASSMARK WILL POSSIBLY DO IN A FUTURE RELEASE, AND THEREFORE I MUST USE ONE OF THE OTHER TWO TEST LOG OPTIONS.

So am I understanding you correctly? There is no way at present to include the data I need in the output format I want?

Comment

Yes as per my first reply the MAC address is not currently being output in the system summary information for the customer certificate and is only included in the TXT and HTML logs. We will be adding it in the next release.

Comment

Working...
                      X