Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel port scripting does not work in WinPE

Hello,
    I've the following problem. I want to start the LPT port testing via script i use this commands:

SETPARALLELPORTS PORT lpt1 TEST detect_loop
    RUN PARALLEL

BIT shows me the Errormessage "Configured parallel port does not exist" and in the parallel port windows the address 00 is shown.

Then i try to start it manually over the preferences window and click on start and it works the address now is 0378.

And it also dont work if i try to script it with a config file (LOAD "xxx.bitcfg")

What can be the problem?

Are you initialising the parallel port before launching BurnInTest as seen in this other forum thread?

Comment

Yes I have done it. At first, befor initialising, the LPT don't be recognized by the software, now it it shown in the preferences windows and I can run the test manually only the scripting does not work.

Comment

We've been able to reproduce this behaviour in WinPE, it looks like this may be a bug with the way the "PORT lpt1" section of the script line is being parsed by BurnInTest. We're still looking into this but should have more information soon.

Comment

As indicated by Tim, this is a bug in the Parallel port scripting. We plan to release a new build of BurnInTest later this week to correct the problem. Until then, you could just run the test manually.

Comment

We have released a new build of BurnInTest, 7.1.1007, that we believe corrects this problem. Could you please try it: http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Comment

Thx, now it works perfekt!

Comment

Working...
              X