Adding plugins to bootable burnintest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding plugins to bootable burnintest

Hello, I am trying to add your keytest to my usb bootable burnintest. I think I would do this with plugins but I cannot really find any info on where or how to add they keytest.exe to the PE bootable installation. Can you tell me where I can locate this information or how to do this?

Thank you

We do not officially support and have not tested KeyboardTest in WinPE (so you may need additional packages as well). To go about adding it to the image, you will need to mount the existing WinPE image and add additional files. See Microsoft documentation for instructions.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have done this successfully before but I guess I don't remember how I did it. Let me try to be more specific in my question. In your burnintest application I can go to burnintest preferences and go to plugins, from here I can tell your application to run the keyboard test first and direct it to the installation of the keyboard test and hit run and it works. Now, I want to go to file and select install burnintest to usb and save this locally. I then go to your winpebuilder and create the bootable media. The problem I run into here is that when I boot from USB it does try to run the keyboard test but it tells me the keyboard test external file doesn't exist. I think there would be two easy ways to get this to work. 1. would be using the Program / files add option in the win pe builder. I have tried to add the file here and it doesn't work. I then try to add the folder here and maybe I don't know how to populate the destination correctly but this method also doesn't work. Maybe this add files is not intended to add your modules at all, I am not sure. I would think the other maybe easier method 2. would be to simply make the bootable pe burnintest then once it is done simply copy the keyboard dir install location to the bootable media but I have no idea where to copy it too. Where is the bootable media looking for the keyboardtest.exe? I have attached an image of my bootable pe file which works great and it tries to run the keyboard test first when I boot off the usb, it simply doesn't know where to find the file and I don't know where it is looking for the file so i don't know where to put it. Can you tell me where to put it or if I should be using the program / files section to add this using your winpebuilder? If I am supposed to be using the program / files section in winpe builder to add this do I need to select folder and what would I populate the destination with? Thanks much for your time!
      Attached Files

Comment

I have attached an image of my bootable pe file which works great and it tries to run the keyboard test first when I boot off the usb, it simply doesn't know where to find the file and I don't know where it is looking for the file so i don't know where to put it.
        The base WinPE is loaded into RAM and the root OS directory is X:\ drive. Besides the OS drive, there is no easy way to determine which drive letter will be assigned to USB Flash Drive or the other drives installed on the system.

Can you tell me where to put it or if I should be using the program / files section to add this using your winpebuilder? If I am supposed to be using the program / files section in winpe builder to add this do I need to select folder and what would I populate the destination with?
        You should be able to use the "Add additional files" option in WinPE builder to copy the entire directory of KeyboardTest install. Make note of where you choose the destination folder as that will be the path for the directory in the WinPE image, e.g. if you specify "\Program Files" as the destination, then the files/folder will be located at "X:\Program Files" when in you boot into WinPE.

If you do not want to recreate the WinPE image again, you can modify the existing image by manually mounting the existing WinPE image, edit the contents, and save/dismount the image. See the link from the last post.

Comment

Working...
        X