Over 300 Fails... now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 300 Fails... now what?

Hi, I'm getting pretty frustrated with my all-new build. I've put together computers before but this has been a headache due to frequent freezing or crashing (in fact, just did it while typing this post). Ran MemTest86+, Prime95, and Furmark… passed with flying colors. I've tried multiple support channels. Finally found your BurnInTest program and the first full 15 standard test resulted in 312 failures! Ran it again for only 10 minutes but with Trace Level 1 selected (I read elsewhere in the forums that it provides extra details for trouble-shooting) and weirdly only 22 errors occurred. I don't really know how to interpret the results. I have attached the two log files. Is there a way to submit the results and have a diagnosis for what is messing up in my computer? I'm suspecting a bad processor chip or mobo but am not sure. Can you please help me or point me in a good direction? Any help to end my frustration is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Attached Files

SERIOUS: 2019-03-09 11:13:16, CPU, SSE2 operation verification failed
    SERIOUS: 2019-03-09 11:13:18, CPU, FPU operation verification failed
    SERIOUS: 2019-03-09 11:13:18, CPU, SSE4a operation verification failed
    SERIOUS: 2019-03-09 11:13:33, CPU, SSE4.1 operation verification failed
    SERIOUS: 2019-03-09 11:13:33, CPU, SSE operation verification failed
    It is an extremely rare fault to see these errors. So rare I am not sure if we have ever seen them before.

Might be a bad CPU (or CPU cache). With a small chance it is still just bad RAM. Can you try the current MemTest86 (not the old MemTest86+ version).

Comment

Thanks for looking at my logs and wish this incredibly rare event had presented itself the last time I bought a lottery ticket!

I ran the current MemTest86 (3 hours!) and my RAM passed with no errors on all 4 passes. Any other suggestions? I'm probably going to return the chip under warranty and request a replacement. I'm going to reset my BIOS again just to be sure but other than that, I'm pretty sure it's the CPU like you said.

Comment

Hard to imagine this being caused by anything except the CPU.

Comment

Thank you for your help David, truly appreciated. Getting my replacement CPU soon. Looking forward to 0 errors!

Comment

Working...
          X