Error creating USB bootable - Failed to add package to WinPE image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error creating USB bootable - Failed to add package to WinPE image

Hi. I am trying to create a bootable usb of BurningTest following the steps of the pdf available in resources, but I always get the same error,
    "Error building WinPE image (5): Failed to add package to WinPE image."

See attached.

Click image for larger version  Name:	burningtest_error.PNG Views:	2 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	44588

I am creating it in an Asus laptop with AMD and in a 32 GB USB formatted NTFS.

any idea why this error may be happening?

Thanks

The error is happening because DISM doesn't seem to be able to add the WinPE-NetFx package to the image. Can you verify that the package WinPE-NetFx.cab exists? The location might be different depending on which version of WinPE you have are using. For WinPE for Windows 10, the location on my machine is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\WinPE_OCs

Also, Bootable BurnInTest does not require this package to run, the required packages are automatically selected. Try creating a WinPE without additional optional packages to see it can build an image correctly.

Comment

Hi, Richard.
      Thanks for you support. You are right, my path for WinPe was not correct. Now all are running success.
      Thank you again. Regards

Comment

Working...
      X