Scripting question regarding BurnInTest v3.1 for Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripting question regarding BurnInTest v3.1 for Linux

I am encountering a problem when attempting to Test/Execute Script from BurnInTest v3.1 for Linux.

I have a created a *.bits file as per the documentation and attempt to launch an external application using "EXECUTE /tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86". The program does not execute. Instead of launching the application it provides a Usage menu explaining the different parameter settings for the application. (i.e. externalapp.x86 -v provides the version, externalapp.x86 -h launches help, etc.).

However, if I type /tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86 at the terminal window it launches with no issues.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!

Do you have "" around the executable text, eg "EXECUTE "/tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86""?

Without this BurnInTest won't be able to build the required command line to launch the application correctly (and may be passing an incorrect command line to the program, hence the usage information being displayed).

Comment

Tim,

Yes, I do have "" around the executable text.

I have also tried all of the following variations, with the same results (usage menu displayed):
      "EXECUTE "/tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86""
      EXECUTE"/tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86"
      "EXECUTE""/tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86"
      "EXECUTE"/tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86""
      "EXECUTE, "/tmp/externalapp/externalapp.x86""

This has me at a loss. Any additional suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X