Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network error - not enough packets sent

Hi,

I keep getting "Not enough packets sent[...]" on all my network adapters.

My test system has four network adapters. I have connected them all to a switch. Their IP's are 192.168.0.100 through 103. I have set BurnInTest network settings. I do not have a gateway set on any of them. Network mask is 255.255.255.0

Duty cycle is the default 50. Test mode: All available physical network ports (there is no wifi). I am running the test for 15 minutes.

They do not complete a full cycle during that time. At least the cycle counter remains at zero. I have tried generating error on more than 1% packet loss, and generating fault on bad packet (4000 ms)...

Every time the program refreshes, the counter has increased by 80. That seems little. Is this normal? I mean - the USB loopback tests I am running at the same time run in the hundreds of millions.

What's wrong with my setup?

This error would be displayed if there was problems sending network test packets but not enough have been sent to raise an error based on the error ratio set in the network test preferences.

What is the destination IP address you have entered for them to use for the test?
    Are you able to ping this IP address from the system?

Comment

You know, I entered the IP's of the four network adapters on that very same card. I realize I might have misunderstood how this works. I'm connecting a separate laptop now, gonna set its IP to 192.168.0.104, and try to see if I can get them to use that laptop as a target.

Comment

Edit: It was the windows firewall. I disabled it completely, and the operations run much quicker now. Thanks for the help. It was your post about pinging and seeing if I can actually reach the destinations that put me on the right track.

I really appreciate PassMark answering forum threads quickly. Your users post here because stuff is urgent, so it's just great. Thanks.
        Last edited by DrOnline; Feb-19-2020, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X