Installing BurnInTest with Windows Vista Beta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing BurnInTest with Windows Vista Beta 2

We have tested BurnInTest V5.1 under both x86 and x64 Vista Beta 2. There are some issues we need to correct, but it installs on our test systems. Unfortunately, an error message is incorrectly displayed "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.". If you receive this error message, you can ignore it for now. BurnInTest will run from the All Programs selection or from the BurnInTest installation directory.

Post edited 2 November 2006 - the problem "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it." is corrected in Vista WIN32 and WIN64 RC1.

Best regards,
    Ian (PassMark)
    Last edited by Ian (PassMark); Nov-02-2006, 08:07 AM.

With Vista Server (Longhorn), this does not work. It refuses to allow BITPro to run. The initial error in your post occurs, but when you try to run the program you get "BurnInTest has stopped working" and then presents two options, which do nothing. "Try to find a solution and then close" and "Close the program." I've disabled all the new security functions hoping that that was what was stopping it from working, but it doesn't help. Nor does running in compatibility mode.

PerformanceTest has the exact same problem.

Using the latest versions on your site as of today.

Comment

I thought I had replied to this.

We have not tested on Longhorn server. We will test BurnInTest and post an update when we have more information.

Regards,
      Ian

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X