Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BurnIn V9.1 (1005) 3Dgraphics error"No operations reported in timeout period".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurnIn V9.1 (1005) 3Dgraphics error"No operations reported in timeout period".

I run BurnIn V9.1 (1005) on my AMD (AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics) platform, the 3Dgraphics always shows error"No operations reported in timeout period".
    Attached Files

It looks like you are overloading the graphics card, the 3D test took almost 8 minutes to launch looking at your log. Given this is an integrated graphics card it isn't the most powerful, you should try turning off the GPGPU test to see if that will let you run the 3D DX12 test without issue.

Comment

Hi Tim,
      I follow your comments to turn off the GPGPU test then run it again. I can still get the 3Dgraphics always shows error"No operations reported in timeout period".
      Could you provide your comenets to me? Is that mean my system graphics card can't support this kind of loading? Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

The default 3D test in V9 of BurnInTest uses DirectX12, this is quite a hardware intensive test. On low powered integrated systems it can take some time to start the test, particularly when the system is under heavy load. This log still seems to show the test taking 8 mins to start so it sounds like this system can barely run DX12.

You should try running the 3D test by itself to verify that it can start in a reasonable time, however if it's still taking a very long time to start you may want to switch the Direct X version in use to 9 (in the 3D Graphics preferences), this is the test used in older versions of BurnInTest and is much faster to run on low powered hardware.

Comment

Hi Tim,
          I switch the Direct X version to 9 with GPGPU then run BurnIn test again, I can get pass result.
          Is that mean my AMD (AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics) platform just can support the 3D test in V9 of BurnInTest uses DirectX9?
          So when I change it to default (DirectX12) then my graphics card will overloading. This is my system limitation. Is it correct?
          Please provide your comments, thank you.

Comment

Yes this appears to be a system limitation of the graphics card (and your slow system in general), with the test settings you have selected.

Comment

Hi Tim,

We met the same issue with Austin_Lien, 3Dgraphics error"No operations reported in timeout period" when we tested with Direct X12.
              But we can get pass result when switch it to Direct X9 for 24 hours.
              The test results as the below table.
                Test result Other condition
              DirectX 9 Pass 20H2 19042.508
              CPU at 50%; GPGPU at 50%; Memory (RAM) at 50%; 2D Graphics at 50%; 3D Graphics at 100%; Sound at 50%; Video Playback at 50%; Disk at 50%
              DirectX 12 Fail 20H2 19042.508
              CPU at 50%; GPGPU at 50%; Memory (RAM) at 50%; 2D Graphics at 50%; 3D Graphics at 100%; Sound at 50%; Video Playback at 50%; Disk at 50%
              Thank you

Comment

If you want to post the log file we can take a look.

Comment

Hi David,
                  Please download the fail log from below link.
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d1_...ew?usp=sharing
                  Thank you
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rita,

I suspect your system looks like it ran out of RAM after 4 hours.

Here is the log entry just before the error.

LOG NOTE: 2020-11-23 21:43:40, Disk , (End of test loop) Mem Total Phys: 3971MB [Available Phys: 407MB], Page: 5927MB [Available Page: 911MB], Total Virt: 134217727MB [Available Virt: 134213074MB], Memory Load: 89

So it appears there is an over allocation of 4GB of RAM that went into the paging file (on disk). Combine this lack of RAM with a very low end CPU (AMD A6-9220C), a lot of concurrent general load and the DirectX12 3D load and the system is likely extremely slow. It might even appear to be locked up at times while swapping to disk.

The system only had 4GB to start with. Which isn't really enough for a full copy of Win10 and heavy 3D use. Especially with integrated graphics (as some of the main RAM is used for graphics). The DirectX12 test uses a lot more video RAM than the DirectX9 test.

Comment

Working...
                    X