Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM test caused system hang up

Hi, Sir,
    I have two Notebook, one is Intel platform (intel CPU+Nvidia GPU), another is AMD platform (AMD CPU+ATI GPU).
    When I test 2D Graphics on Burnin v7.1 Pro.
    Intel platform is shown "available video Memory:32 MB"
    AMD platform is shown "available video memory:483.06 MB". My DDR RAM is used 4G.
    It look like AMD platform is shared RAM size for frame buffer, due to if I plug in 8G DDR RAM, the available video memory will change to about 1024 MB.
    May I know why Intel platform always shown 32 MB?Is the Burnin special setting for Intel platform?
    BTW,
    I run 2D Graphics + RAM test and open Multi-process Torture Test in RAM Configuration. The Multi-process torture test settings is " Number of processes 10% of RAM 7 each.
    When I do the test with my two Notebook, Intel platform can run smooth, but another AMD platform will be hang up. It look like RAM usage heavy loading at AMD platform, some RAM resource was share to frame buffer for run 2D Graphics. I have to reduce multi-process torture test setting to 10% of RAM 5 each. The hang up symptom will be disappear. Could you please help to check the symptom is normal behavior?
    Thank you,

>May I know why Intel platform always shown 32 MB?Is the Burnin special setting for Intel platform?

BurnInTest reports the amount of available video card RAM that DirectX reports. I suspect you have a small amount of video RAM configured.

>I run 2D Graphics + RAM test and open Multi-process Torture Test in RAM Configuration. The Multi-process torture test settings is " Number of processes 10% of RAM 7 each.
    When I do the test with my two Notebook, Intel platform can run smooth, but another AMD platform will be hang up. It look like RAM usage heavy loading at AMD platform, some RAM resource was share to frame buffer for run 2D Graphics. I have to reduce multi-process torture test setting to 10% of RAM 5 each. The hang up symptom will be disappear. Could you please help to check the symptom is normal behaviour?

I would expect that this is an over allocation of RAM under test due to your settings and the AMD platform is spending all of its time swapping memory pages to and from disk (thrashing). It can be normal behaviour. As you did, use lower test settings, or try the standard RAM test.

Comment

Working...
    X