• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIT v6.0 v.s BIT v7.1 ?

Chipset : Haswell ULT
    Super I/O : NCT6102
    Number of COM : Only one COM

When using BIT to verify our system, we encountered COM port issue only on v7.1. We want to know which version is correct and how to explain this difference to our customer ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2151+l10-l11 hs ssd 45c tb d-tdp up-0603.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	35139
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BurnInTest_20140529_1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	35140

>When using BIT to verify our system, we encountered COM port issue only on v7.1.

This error occurs when the number of bytes that were attempted to be sent to the COM port did not match the actual number of bytes sent to the COM port. It would appear that BurnInTest was unable to send 1 block of data (100 bytes) to the COM port. It is unclear why this occurred.
    After the error, the COM port is closed and re-opened in software, and it may be that the COM port test continued successfully after that (and hence you only got the one error). Having a level 2 trace log may help understand the problem better.

>We want to know which version is correct and how to explain this difference to our customer ?

I always advise customers to use the latest version and build of BurnInTest as this has the known issues corrected and we are better able to support it.

In saying this, the BurnInTest serial port test in this respect is the same in both BurnInTest 6.0 and 7.1. The main change with the serial port test between V6.0 and V7.1 is a change specifically for when running on WinPE, which you are not.

This error occurs once in over 100 hours, and as such I expect that the problem could have just as well occurred in either version of BurnInTest if you ran the tests long enough or for more iterations.

Comment

Having a level 2 trace log may help understand the problem better.
      => How to get level 2 trace log?

Comment

Preferences->Logging, Select Trace file detail level = Activity trace 2 (text).

Comment

Working...
        X