Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serial test failed, error information meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial test failed, error information meaning?

I test my serial device and get some error. The error information like the attached picture.
    What's the "error information 1: 57, 0" meaning?

Thanks.

The 57 an error number used by BurnInTest, in this case there was an error trying to send data to the COM port, the number of bytes transferred didn't match the number of bytes requested to be sent).

The 0 is supposed to be an error number from a Windows API call, ClearCommError, and normally this would be resolved to a more specific error (buffer overrun, parity error etc) however in this case it hasn't returned a useful value so the raw values were logged.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
      The 57 an error number used by BurnInTest, in this case there was an error trying to send data to the COM port, the number of bytes transferred didn't match the number of bytes requested to be sent).

The 0 is supposed to be an error number from a Windows API call, ClearCommError, and normally this would be resolved to a more specific error (buffer overrun, parity error etc) however in this case it hasn't returned a useful value so the raw values were logged.
      so..Could I know what command cause this error?

Comment

It errored out while sending data to the serial port.
        Maybe the port is locked, broken, missing a device driver or flow control pins set incorrectly (blocking sending).

You are using a serial loopback plug, right?

Comment

Working...
        X