BurnIn Test Failure Explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurnIn Test Failure Explanation

We are testing computers for a project and have received the following error and I am hoping that someone can help explain the error to me so that I know if it is a software or hardware error before trying to ship these computers back to China for correction. I have uploaded the full report as well in case additional information is necessary.

Test Name Cycles Operations Result Errors Last Error
    CPU 48605 3.8 Quadrillion PASS 0 No errors
    GPGPU 24727 118 Quadrillion FAIL 442 GPGPU unable to access graphics resource required for verification
    Memory (RAM) 37444 722 Trillion PASS 0 No errors
    3D Graphics 2311 69.401 Million FAIL 644 An error occured during the DX12 3D test
    Temperature - - PASS 0 No errors
    Video Playback 58807 752726 PASS 0 No errors
    Disk (C 49993 272 Trillion PASS 0 No errors
    Network 1 13981 559 Million PASS 0 No errors
    Attached Files

What was the duty cycle you were using for the tests?
    Often this error will occur if the CPU and GPU related tests are set to high levels (eg at or near 100%), it doesn't make sense running all the tests at 100% duty cycle.

Comment

Tim (PassMark) Thank you for the feedback. I believe that we are running at 100%. Do you have a recommendation for a more appropriate level?

Comment

See the following page for guidance on setting the appropriate duty cycle.

https://www.passmark.com/support/bur...uty_cycles.php

Comment

We have adjusted down the duty levels for some of the tests and now only seem to get failure on the 3D Graphics test. Though the test windows shows all passed with no errors we are still seeing the following two errors causing failures on the certification:

GPGPU unable to access graphics resource required for verification
          An error occurred during the DX12 3D test

When we watched the CPU usage on Task Manager we did see some instances of the processer above 95% usage. It hard to tell if this is a software conflict or a true hardware issue.

Comment

Was looking at the driver that came with the computers...we have the NVIDIA GTX1080 mobile and have the 398.82 driver from 2018. Could that be causing this issues?

Comment

Generally, if there are newer drivers available for your graphics card, you would want to use them as they may contain bug fixes.

Comment

Working...
              X