system freezes when BurnInTest starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system freezes when BurnInTest starts

Hi, I downloaded the latest BurnInTest (Windows 7 64 bit version) and whenever I started it, the whole system freezes, requiring a power recycle. This is even before I can start any actual test. My system is Lenovo W510 laptop. Is there something wrong with the program, or my hardware?

Originally posted by JackyW View Post
    Hi, I downloaded the latest BurnInTest (Windows 7 64 bit version) and whenever I started it, the whole system freezes, requiring a power recycle. This is even before I can start any actual test. My system is Lenovo W510 laptop. Is there something wrong with the program, or my hardware?
    I would first suspect that the problem occurs when BurnInTest try's to collect some system information on starting BurnInTest.

Can you see if the problem does not occur if you skip a bunch of System Information collection, by using the "-W" command line parameter?

Also, to help us better understand the problem, can you please start BurnInTest with just the "-U" command line parameter (which forces debug logging on start-up), and email us the Debug*.trace file to:
    help [at] passmark [dot] com

Starting BurnInTest with a command line parameter is covered in the help file. To open the help file go to program files, burnintest->HTML and double click the index.htmlfile. It is covered in the section: Test automation and productivity->Command line arguments (other BurnInTest options).

Comment

Working...
    X