Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark BurnIn not responding after resume from S3/S4

Hi,

I got a problem about Passmark BurnIn APP not responding after resume from S3/S4, System OS function normally, fail rate is 3/5.
    I try to capture logs via debug mode as https://www.passmark.com/support/bitdebug.php mentioned, but when I using debug mode, the BurnIn test can work normally.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Passmark Burnln APP Version:9.1.1009.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	BurnIn not responding.png
Views:	318
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	49518

Might be a device driver issue.
    Try running just one test at a time to narrow down the problem.

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for your comments.
      Based on your suggestion,
      I tested one item at a one time and found it was related to CPU and RAM.
      (This time I use BurnIn Test v9.2)
      S3/S4 with Disk/2D Gfx/3D Gfx will not occur problem.
      For this behavior, do you have any suggestion to check?
      Thank you!

Name:	CPU.PNG
Views:	265
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	49530Click image for larger version

Name:	RAM.PNG
Views:	280
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	49531

Comment

Sorry we don't know the cause.
        Maybe more testing with different hardware might narrow down the problem to just one model of motherboard, or a particular CPU model.

Comment

Hi David,

But this issue cannot duplicate with BurnIn Test v7.1, do you have any idea for this?
          Thank you!

Comment

The CPU test is the most unlikely test for this to happen on, as there are no device drivers directly involved in the CPU test. (and device drivers bugs are often the cause of sleep / wake problems).

There have been 100s of changes to BurnInTest since V7. When you were testing with V7, was everything else keep the same. Same hardware, same O/S version, etc..

Maybe it is just related to system load? If you reduce the load on the CPU test (e.g. 5% duty cycle) does the problem still happen?

Comment

Hi David,

I found that if reduce system load (5% for CPU), the problem would not happen.
              So the problem is related to system load and it is normal behavior?

And as I mentioned before, debug mode won't occur problem too.
              What changes make debug mode this behavior?
              Thanks!

Comment

In debug mode there is a more data logged to disk. So the work load mix changes slightly. i.e. slightly more disk activity and slightly less other activity.

the problem is related to system load and it is normal behavior?
                In my opinion this is not normal. Real life applications might also have high CPU load when being put to sleep.

Comment

Hi David,

I found that even CPU load change to 5% (other keeps 100%), still can duplicate.
                  As I mentioned before, v7.1 can work normally. But, this problem can be observed on v8.1.
                  What kind of logs I can provide to you to check? Except debug mode logs..
                  Thank you!Click image for larger version

Name:	BurnInTest_v8.1.PNG
Views:	237
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	49674

Name:	BurnInTest_v7.1.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	49673

Comment

We have been unable to reproduce across several test machines so likely there is some hardware or driver issue specific to this system that is triggered the lockup in BurnInTest.

If you have temperature monitoring enabled then try disabling it as this is very driver and timing dependant.
                    Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Jan-13-2021, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I wonder if there will have any impact to disable temperature monitoring?
                      My test condition is to set CPU, 2D graphics, RAM and Disk each to 100% and run test for 15 minutes.

Comment

I wonder if there will have any impact to disable temperature monitoring?
                        You won't know unless you test it.

Comment

Working...
                        X