Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn In Test v8.0 Pro No Free Memory To Buffer

Hello,

I'm currently running Passmark BITv8.0 Pro.

I am experiencing error: "No free memory to buffer"

System Specs:

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43
    Processor: Intel I7-4770
    Memory: 8GB Total
    Hard Drive: Western Digital WD 1TB WD1003FBYZ

Virtual Memory:

Minimum allowed: 16MB
    Recommended: 12180MB
    Currently allocated: 8120MB

I did some searching and found an old post:
    BurnInTest allocates larger memory buffers when it needs them for a test (eg. a 16K memory buffer for store random data to write and verify each disk) and then releases the memory when it no longer needs it. This error message is displayed when this type of memory allocation fails, ie. the system has run out of memory (physical or virtual)

This is more likely if:
    (i) You have a small amount of physical + virtual memory
    (ii) You have performance tuned for Windows (System Cache) rather then applications
    (iii) You are using the memory test together with a large number of disks/CD tests at the same time.
    Note: BurnInTest requires 32MB RAM or more.

A number of things you could do:
    - Increase the size of your paging file (Virtual memory) - Control panel, System, Advanced, Performance - Settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory - Change, then compare setting to the recommended size that is displayed and increase accordingly.

- Change memory usage from System Cache to Programs - Control panel, System, Advanced, Performance - Settings, Advanced, Memory Usage - Programs.

- Reduce the number of simultaneous memory and disk/cd tests. Eg. Serialise these tests with scripting. You should not need to do this - but it is another option.
    I don't understand why I am receiving this error ( 1 error out of Trillions cycles run )
    My report or documentation will show this error, and passmark will FAIL.

To help us understand what is occurring, could you please ensure you have the latest build of BurnInTest from here:
    http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Then please turn on Level 2 Activity trace logging (text) - see Preferences->Logging, run the test until you get the error and send us all of the *.trace files (zipped) for the test run to:
    help [at] passmark [dot] com

Comment

Working...
    X