Data verify failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data verify failure

Any Ideas? the last run was 122 hours when I noticed it (this is the 3 time we got the error)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	35169

We had one other customer report a similar issue, but it isn't clear if it a real failure related to specific hardware or if it is a bug of some sort.

Can you give us some details of the hardware in use.

Especially the O/S, the disk device being tested and how the disk is connected to the motherboard (USB, SATA, etc..). Also what 3rd party software is on the machine (e.g. anti-virus software, etc..)

Comment

Hardware in use

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      We had one other customer report a similar issue, but it isn't clear if it a real failure related to specific hardware or if it is a bug of some sort.

Can you give us some details of the hardware in use.

Especially the O/S, the disk device being tested and how the disk is connected to the motherboard (USB, SATA, etc..). Also what 3rd party software is on the machine (e.g. anti-virus software, etc..)
      Hi David here is what we are running on, I have formated the disk again and it has been running for about 28 hours with no failure, seems like when the hours go above 35 is when it starts to fail, but I will have a better idea the longer it runs
      Model Dell 820
      Running BurnIn (version 1011) software off a USB stick under“Windows 8.1 to go”
      No Virus software (isolated to machine)
      SAS Drives in a Raid 5 configuration size 550 gig per disk(4) disks total

Comment

I made a change to BurnInTest that I believe resolves this issue. Please try it out and let me know if you still have problems:
        http://passmark.com/ftp/bitpro.8.0.1025.exe

Comment

Loading it up now will let you know thanks

Comment

It should fix it. It was a bug in the random seek, random data test that appeared only in very long test runs.

The symptom of the bug is the "Value read: 66" message, during that specific test.

Any other errors are likely to be real errors.

Comment

Working...
            X