How to stop BIT using temperatures from previous instance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop BIT using temperatures from previous instance

I am using the latest BIT on a Windows 10 test build, that is copied onto each new PC. The settings and logging is all set up as desired and it is working as planned. The problem is that the pick list of temperatures to monitor is keeping old settings from the original test build.

For example, as the original WIndows 10 test build was created on a 6-core PC, when it is copied onto a 4-Core PC, it shows Cores 5 and 6 as selected for temperature monitoring. And as the original build used a Samsung NVMe SSD, that is in the list for temperature monitoring even though the build only has a SATA SSD. As I do not want the test certificate to have dummy entries showing for the "missing" cores, it means I need to manually tidy up the selections before running tests for the first time. And it means I have to manually select the SATA SSD temperature to monitor and de-select the previous NVMe SSD.

Is there a way to make BIT clear out these settings from a previous installation, while keeping other settings such as the chosen tests and the log file settings ? Ideally I want a setting that just selects "all the cores and SSDs" that are on the current hardware, regardless of what was seen on previous hardware.

For example, as the original WIndows 10 test build was created on a 6-core PC, when it is copied onto a 4-Core PC, it shows Cores 5 and 6 as selected for temperature monitoring.
    Where was this, on the Temp/Battery tab for the test preferences or was it in the test certificate? I couldn't seem to reproduce this, only the available cores were shown after opening a config file created on a system with more cores (& after selecting all available cores before saving the config).

Could you please send us the config you are using so we can test it out.

Comment

I have sent you the config file and other info. Here you can see screenshots from the Certificate document, and from the temperature graph. The PC under test has 2 cores, and is running a build that was created on an 8-Core PC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BIT-Cert-Wrong-Cores.png
Views:	198
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	50273
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BIT old cores in temp graph.png
Views:	131
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	50276
      Attached Files

Comment