Advanced Network Test Stability Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Network Test Stability Issues

I’ve been attempting to test a computer with 6 NICs using the advanced network test. The Computer running the Endpoint.exe only has one NIC so I am running a script to disable all Network connections except one to test one at a time. I run a bat to enable only one network adapter. Run BurnInTest with a configured Advanced Network Test, Get the result and repeat until all 6 Adapters have been tested. I’ve been having several issues with this so far. Most of the time the test runs fine. Sporadically I have had the endpoint not connect which results in hundreds of errors to accumulate until the test is over at which point the test will start again with the next NIC and connect fine. Other times the Endpoint.exe will crash causing me to relaunch it but BurnInTest never reconnected until the next test starts.

What can I do to attempt to troubleshoot the endpoint.exe and how can I make the network test more reliable?

The computer running BurnInTest is running Windows 10. The computer running Endpoint is Windows 7.

If you launch the endpoint with the DEBUGMODE command line parameter it will create a debug log in Documents\PassMark\EndPoint that can be used to track down what might be causing a crash.

Sporadically I have had the endpoint not connect which results in hundreds of errors
    What sort of errors are you seeing? Perhaps there is some issue when the network card about to be tested is being enabled (eg not getting an IP before the test starts in BurnInTest or something similar).

Comment

If you launch the endpoint with the DEBUGMODE command line parameter it will create a debug log in Documents\PassMark\EndPoint that can be used to track down what might be causing a crash.
      Running Endpoint with DEBUGMODE does not appear to create anything in Documents\PassMark\ It works with bit.exe but that log isn't very helpful.

I think I was able to fix the endpoint connection error with added time outs but Endpoint crashing is making consistent testing difficult.

Comment

Are you using an up to date version of BurnInTest (current available is 9.2 build 1006)?

Comment

Working...
        X