No announcement yet.

Issue: KeyboardTest reports a FAIL status when there has been no key pressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue: KeyboardTest reports a FAIL status when there has been no key pressed

Hello,
    I run KeyboardTest application (v3.2) as a plugin of BurnInTest (v9.2) as followed: "<sub-dir>\KeyboardTest64.exe /p /f /k SPRS_2_0".
    The following behavior has been observed:
    1. Start my BurnInTest
    2. All of my tests are being started included KeyboardTest
    3. Test a keyboard by pressing keys
    4. Exit KeyboardTest and log the results (Pass) in my case

If I skip step 3 & 4, when my BurnInTest cycle is completed, BurnInTest will record a FAIL status for my keyboard test due to inactivity.

Is there a way that I can instruct KeyboardTest and/or BurnInTest to ignore "inactivity" and do not record it as a FAIL status?

Thank you,
    Dennis

I assume this is being done as part of a production line test, or batch testing scenario.

In this case I think the behaviour is desirable. As if you have a bad keyboard (e.g. broken cable) and no keys can be used, then this should be a fail?
    Why run the Keyboard test software and then not test the keyboard?

Comment

Dave,
      Thank you for your response!

I have another question regarding to <Ignore "no operations" timeout> checkbox in the BurnInTest's Plugin section:
      1. What is the operation timeout duration?
      Below is one test case when my keyboard test fails when it should not:
      1. KeyboardTest is started by BurnInTest as a plug-in.
      2. <Ignore "no operations" timeout> checkbox in the BurnInTest's Plugin section is not checked
      3. Start BurnInTest, KeyboardTest is started
      4. Operator completes the keyboard test and clicks Exit
      5. KeyboardTest window is closed
      6. At the end of a 10-minute test cycle, BurnInTest marks my KeyboardTest as Failed due to "No Operation Timeout"

If I repeat the above 6 steps with <Ignore "no operations" timeout> checkbox in the BurnInTest's Plugin section is checked, then my keyboardtest passes.
      Please provide your thoughts

Thanks,
      Dennis

Comment

We generally recommend that KeyboardTest should be run as a "pre-test" plugin, otherwise yes this is the behaviour you will see.

Once KeyboardTest has exited it's operations count will no longer increase and the watchdog timer that checks for this will trigger an error in BurnInTest (unless the ignore "no operations" timeout option is selected for plugins).

Comment

Working...
        X