Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU - FPU & SSE Errors

Hi,

I have been checking a system with Burn In Test v8.0 (1000) and used the standard CPU Test settings everything showed ok. I downloaded the latest version v8.0 (1030) ran same test and it's now telling me that the CPU isn't working correctly...

I've vey tried this on two machines and get the same result..

The question in now faced with is.. are the CPUs faulty in both machines or is there a bug causing this..

errors being returned are:

FPU Operation Verification Failed
    SSE Operation Verification Failed

TIA

Markymark

I would be inclined to go with the results from build 1030. Build 1000 is the first release of V8, and there have been since 30 other releases to add additional support for newer hardware and to address bugs.

If you feel that BurnInTest is incorrectly reporting errors, you can send in debug logs (trace level 2) and we can take a look. What are the specs of the machines?

Comment

I am having a simular problem with Burn In Test Pro v8 (1030). Is there a way to get older builds?

Thanks,

Carter

Comment

We are thinking it was either due to a compiler change (that we made in house) or new hardware that we haven't tested yet. What are the hardware specs of the machine?

Comment

This is a bug in the latest build of 32-bit BurnInTest, 8.0.1030 due to a change in development environments (compiler). We will release a fix for this today. In the meantime, please use BurnInTest 8.0.1025:
          PRO: www.passmark.com/ftp/bitpro.8.0.1025.exe
          STD: www.passmark.com/ftp/bitstd.8.0.1025.exe

This is only an issue for 32-bit BurnInTest and not 64-bit BurnInTest.

Comment

A correction for this problem is now available in BurnInTest 8.0.1031:
            http://www.passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Comment

Working...
            X