No announcement yet.

How to debug for "2D Graphics" or "3D Graphics" error when do Burnin v8.0 test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to debug for "2D Graphics" or "3D Graphics" error when do Burnin v8.0 test

I'm a newcomer and very glad to see you here.
    I have some questions when run Burnin test need you help.
    we often encounter the "The 2D test was interrupted" or "The 3D test was interrupted" randomly when do 3D/2D/Video playback test together.
    Does anyone have the effective and fast method to find the rootcause for this isuue?
    If the issue only occur on switchable graphics(AMD/Nvidia),what should we do expect update Switchable Graphic driver?
    If the issue also happen on integrated Graphics(Intel/AMD),what should we do expect update vga driver?
    when this issue happened,how to check it's the tool issue or vga driver issue or any other component issue,for example the low performance memory card or CPU?
    If it's not occur when run 2D or 3D individual,what can we do at that moment to find the rootcause faster?
    If you have any good debug method or some known setting need do before test or we can catch some debug log to upload for PassMark to analysis,please feel free to let me know.

The known reasons and solutions for this issue are shown here:
    http://www.passmark.com/support/burn...st_interrupted

The most recent cause added to this list is a memory leak bug in the Microsoft Desktop Windows Manager (KB 2979265).

We are currently investigating an issue with Desktop Haswell iGPU with this problem. It would also appear to be a problem with the Microsoft Desktop Windows Manager which handles desktop composition and a bunch of other things.

In this case we see “A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (4)” – i.e. by the Operating System, at the time of the error. It is not clear why this occurs.

In addition to the suggestions in the above link you could also check if there are any Microsoft Desktop Windows Manager events that occur around the time the error is reported.

If it's not occurring when running the 2D or 3D tests individually, then this would suggest an interaction with another test. I would first suspect low memory, caused by the memory test. I would try the 3D test with the memory test to see if low memory helps provoke the problem.

You could try disabling desktop composition for BurnInTest and re-test. Disable desktop composition: BurnInTest properties-> Disable desktop composition.

You could turn on level 2 activity trace logging in Preferences->Logging, run the test, zip all the *.trace files and email to me: help [at] passmark [dot] com

Comment

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
      The known reasons and solutions for this issue are shown here:

The most recent cause added to this list is a memory leak bug in the Microsoft Desktop Windows Manager (KB 2979265).

We are currently investigating an issue with Desktop Haswell iGPU with this problem. It would also appear to be a problem with the Microsoft Desktop Windows Manager which handles desktop composition and a bunch of other things.

In this case we see “A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (4)” – i.e. by the Operating System, at the time of the error. It is not clear why this occurs.

In addition to the suggestions in the above link you could also check if there are any Microsoft Desktop Windows Manager events that occur around the time the error is reported.

If it's not occurring when running the 2D or 3D tests individually, then this would suggest an interaction with another test. I would first suspect low memory, caused by the memory test. I would try the 3D test with the memory test to see if low memory helps provoke the problem.

You could try disabling desktop composition for BurnInTest and re-test. Disable desktop composition: BurnInTest properties-> Disable desktop composition.

You could turn on level 2 activity trace logging in Preferences->Logging, run the test, zip all the *.trace files and email to me: help [at] passmark [dot] com
      Hi Ian,
      Thanks for your great support.
      I will disable desktop compositon next time when i encounter this issue again and provide the debug log for your reference.
      So for this issue,we can install the KB2979265 first and follow below link's solution to check the system setting to narrow down it,right?

Comment

Yes, for Windows 8.1 and W2012 R2. We have updated our information about this issue here:
        http://www.passmark.com/support/burn...nterrupted.htm

Comment

Working...
        X