Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data verify failure

Hello,

I am running BurnInTest V8.0 Pro 1031 (64-bit) on a few laptops testing CPU, memory and SSD. All the tablets come up with Data verify failure. Here is a log extract from one the results:

LOG NOTE: 2015-02-05 04:03:18, Disk, Error verifying 8-bit value from 0:\BurnInTest test files\~bittest000001, byte offset 100, Value Read: 0, Value Expected: 8 (R)
    LOG NOTE: 2015-02-05 04:03:18, Disk, Disk Error (0: Data Verify failure in Cycle 200 with pattern High Low freq overwrite

The test is setup to run for 2 days with SSD test at maximum load (100).

I was wondering if this result is a true failure.

Regards,
    Hristo

Same cycles

Just an additional piece of info on the case. The log shows the error happening on all laptops at the same cycle numbers 200, 1050, 1900, 2750, 3600.

The drives are model Samsung PM851, 256 GB.

The test is run from a USB stick, Physical drive test.

Thank you,
    Hristo

Comment

The value read is 0, when value 8 was expected. This is a single bit failure, and could be a disk problem or it could also be a memory issue (as the disk data is copied to memory to be compared).

To help me try and find a pattern to the errors and the relationship of the cycle numbers, could you please zip all the log files and send them to me: help [at] passmark [dot] com

Comment

8.0.1037 problem resolved

Thank you for your help. It looks like the new built 8.0.1037 solves the problem.

There are no errors this time.

Regards,
        Hristo

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
          X