Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does BurnIn Test work well on Windows 10 Technical preview OS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BurnIn Test work well on Windows 10 Technical preview OS?

OS version: Windows 10 Technical preview 9926 build
    App: BurnIn V8.0 Professional Edition

Issue:
    After install and launch BurnIn app, BSOD will occur. (Bug Check 0x93: INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE).

So i want to know whether BurIn Test can work well on Windows 10 Technical preview OS or not? if not, when can we get usable BurnIn Test.

We have done some testing on Win10 and not seen this problem.
    So it is possible it is just on specific hardware.

Can you,
    A) Check you have the latest release of BurnInTest.
    A) Get the nirsoft bsod viewer and get all the BSOD details, then send them to us.
    B) Can you send us a Startup log from BurnInTest. See,
    http://www.passmark.com/support/bitdebug.htm

Comment

Hi David,
      thanks for your respons. For your suggestions:
      A) I have downlaoded the latest v8.0 build1037 and still can reproduce this issue.
      B) Analyze the minidump file found that DirectIo32.sys and ntoskrnl.exe result in this issue.
      C) I place the "-u" text on the BurnInTest command line and reproduce this issue, no startup log file created.

Minidump file has email to .

Besides, i want to know have you done some BurnInTest on latest Win10 build, such 9926 or later?
      Actually, we haven't seen this issue on previous Win10 version such 9871, but on win10 9916, 9926 and 10005 build, we can see this issue.

Comment

Let me check what build we have been testing on.

Comment

We tested BurnInTest 8.0 on Windows 10 build 9841. We did not find this problem. We have recently been advised of this issue by another customer testing Windows 10 build 9926, with the Microsoft verifier turned on for "Miscellaneous checks". When the verifier is not used, the problem does not occur. Are you using the Microsoft verifier, if so, with what settings?

It seems the problem occurs when BurnInTest is measuring the CPU speed, via DirectIOXX.sys. At this stage it appears that the problem may occur on systems with Intel CPU's.

We will install Windows 10 build 9926 on an Intel based system and test further. I will post the results.

In the short term, you can delete DirectIO32.sys or DirectIO64.sys, and run BurnInTest. This will reduce the amount of system information collected, and could impact the Parallel port test. It should allow your testing to continue.

Comment

We reproduced the problem on Windows 10 build 9926 and have corrected this in BurnInTest 8.0.1038. I have emailed you a copy of the new build.

Comment

I also need the ver. 1038, thanks

Originally posted by Ian (PassMark) View Post
              We reproduced the problem on Windows 10 build 9926 and have corrected this in BurnInTest 8.0.1038. I have emailed you a copy of the new build.
              I also need the ver. 1038 for windows 10.
              would you please email me it?
              thanks in advance.
              Last edited by Ian (PassMark); Mar-29-2015, 09:49 PM. Reason: removed email address

Comment

I have just emailed you the new build. We hope to publically release this today.

Comment

Working...
                X