Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnin test Videoplayback shows black screen with no errors

Hi,
    We currently have an Acer desktop that passes the burnin test but the video play back screen is only black. The video by itself plays with no problem. I'm adding different tests run on this device. The machine info is the following:

Model: Acer AXC-115-UR20
    CPU: AMD E2-6110 APU with Radeon R2 graphics
    HDD: 500 GB
    RAM: 4 GB DDR3
    DVD super multi drive
    Card Reader
    Integrated LAN 10/100/1000

I've check that the root of the video is correct. Can you please advise how to correct this?
    Attached Files

Start with the obvious stuff first.

You are using an old V7.0 release of BurnInTest, from 2011. This was never tested with Win8. So repeat the test with V8.0 (or at least V7.1).

Then check you have the latest video card device drivers.

When you play back the video outside of BurnInTest (and it works?) what application are you using for playback?

Comment

Hi David,
      I've just tested with V8.0. The first time I run the test it says that the format is not supported but the second time does not show errors and the screen remains black. the video players I use to confirm are "Windows Media Player" and "Media Player Lite". I'm adding the screens I saw during this test
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you try a different video file? Does the problem still occur?

Can you re-start BurnInTest, turn on Level 2 activity trace logging (text) - see Preferences->Logging, run the video playback test 2 times, confirm the first test run you get the error and the 2nd you get a blank video playback test window, then please email me the *.trace files from the test run to:
        help [at] passmark [dot] com

Comment

Working...
        X