Sound Test with Loop Back Plug and Loop Back Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Test with Loop Back Plug and Loop Back Cable

Can you explain to me how to use the Loopback Cable and Loopback Plug with BurnIn Test 10 (Have the newest version)? I keep getting errors or not working. Using sound plugs on back of motherboard LineIn and LineOut. Noting else in any other sound plugs. Also tried LineIn and LineOut on front of case, same errors. Motherboard is Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Ultra using Windows 11 Pro. Have attached screenshots of errors. Thanks...
    Attached Files

Here is screenshot of config.
    Attached Files

Comment

The audio loopback plug is designed to work with combination speaker/mic ports like those on phones and laptops while the loopback cable is designed to connect the line in and line out (eg most desktops).

Using sound plugs on back of motherboard LineIn and LineOut
      If you are using the loopback plugs in this situation then it isn't going to work are there is no connection between line and line out, you would need to use the loopback cable.

Comment

Ok, got it on the Loopback Plug. But I tried the Loopback cable (Line Out to Line In) and was still having problem making that work. I attached a pic in my first message (LoopCable.png file)of the error with the loop back cable and in my second message I attached a file (LoopBack Cable Config.png file) showing the config screen with the loop back cable. Any ideas what my problem might be? Thanks.....

Comment

It looks like there was some signal recorded but it was distorted (potentially too quiet looking at the error message), have you got the system master volume set to 100%?

Comment

Thanks, that fix the problem. Setting the Master Volume to 100% did it. I read the help file in BurnIn Test and did some searching, but I guess I missed that part about 100% volume. Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
            X