Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to access graphics resource required for verification - What does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access graphics resource required for verification - What does it mean?

Hello. For the past few weeks, I've been getting a lot of crashes in games. Running the max GPU test shows ten instances of "GPGPU unable to access graphics resource required for verification" in fifteen minutes. I can't find this message in the list of common errors in the help file, and I was wondering what it meant and if I should try to return my card under warranty. I ran the 3d test at the highest resolution I could and it passed.

I saw a thread earlier about this perhaps indicating a driver error after a long period, but on my machine they come up quite quickly. Game crashes happen frequently around the 20 minute mark, with increasing stuttering and cuts in the audio until it CTD, often with a LiveKernelEvent error 141 in the Windows Event Viewer. I uninstalled the GPU drivers in safe mode using Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalled, and replaced the SSD, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

If you were using V10.2 build 1000 then this was a bug (that has been fixed in build 1001), so getting the just released version should correct this.

In any other version this error would normally occur if there was a graphics driver crash or if the system was overloaded, eg running all the 2D/3D related tests at or near 100%.

Comment

No worries, thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
      X