X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnuntest V9.2(1002) Data Verify Failure

Hi
    I got an error: " data verify failure".
    The error log shows: "Disk, File: K:\BurnInTest files\~bitttestK00069, Value Read: 4294967295(0xFFFFFFFF), Value Expected: 0, Offset in file 318636032(0x12FE0000), Ops: 9742057472(0x244AC0000)".
    What is the unit of the offset?​​​​​​ byte? sector?
    We need to check file "bitttestK00069" offset 318636032 bytes?
    What does "Ops" mean?

Thanks

What is the unit of the offset?​​​​​​ byte? sector?
    We need to check file "bitttestK00069" offset 318636032 bytes?
    The offset is in bytes from the start of the file. If you did not enable keep disk test files on error, then likely the file is no longer on the system. To keep disk test files on the system, specify the -K command line parameter when starting BurnInTest. From the help file:

"-K

Keep disk test files. Specifies not to delete the disk drive test files when an error (e.g. Verification error) occurs. This is intended to assist investigating disk errors. It is recommended that this option is used in conjunction with the Auto Stop Tests on Error feature within Preferences. Once the test files have been investigated, they should be deleted manually."

What does "Ops" mean?
    The current number of operations (e.g. read/write) that has been performed at the time of the error.

Comment

Hi Richard
      Thanks
      it is showing read 0xffffffff,
      We keep disk test files on failure
      Using the third tool winhex to read the file, the data we get is correct.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	27
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	53554

Views:	24
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	53555

Views:	24
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	53556
      Thanks

Comment

The data from the disk is read into RAM by the CPU, possibly the scope for the real root cause to be elsewhere. e.g. a bad byte in RAM that happened to be being used as a disk I/O buffer. If the error is not reproducible, then it is possible it is a 'soft' error, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_error

Or if it is reproducible, then it fairly serious error for a hard drive. Check the Windows Event log, possibly there may be a corresponding event around the time the error happened.

We are no longer supporting older versions of BurnInTest. V9.x is no longer being supported as development has moved onto V10. For further support, try testing with the latest release of the software.

Comment

Hi Richard
          If it happens twice, I would try to check Burn in V10
          Is there some option to set the burn tool to stop trimming , write and read on false comparisons? (includes, another slot)
          I mean burn-in validation C.D.E.F but E data validation failed, now C.D.F will be removed.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X