Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number in Certification Template

Hi there,
    we have just upgraded to BurnIn 5.1pro, and now I have to figure out some issues.
    1. I'd like to use this fancy tool that creates a Testcertificate out of my html Template. Everything looks fine, but unfortunatly the S/N and the Note is not printed into the html document like it's done in the BIT.LOG. Is there a setting I can use to have the Serial Number?
    2. I have to ask the tester to enter S/N, Tester Number, Product name. Everything that is written in the machin notes, normally I could do that with help of a batch file. But how to pass that information to BurnIn Test? It should be a kind of automation, the test should not start before these fields are filled in.
    3. I have to create a logfile name out of the Serial number something like R1000XYZ.log or .html that information also needs to passed to BurnIn test.
    Thanks for your help
    Malte
    Last edited by malte; Aug-31-2006, 07:01 AM. Reason: more detailed headline

serial no is listed in "system component" section. notes is not on certificate.

Comment

Hi,
      yes werther you're right I should not have so much coffee. Thanks!

I'm just trying to build up a new test environment for our production line. Does anybody have an idea regarding the problem numbers 2 and 3?

Comment

1) Yes the Serial number is there. We are adding Notes to the Customer Certificate. It will be in the next minor release, currently planned for late next week.

2, 3) Two options to set the serial number, machine type, log file and notes from an external application before starting a test. Unfortunately not the Customer name or the technician name - we will look at this in a future release:

(i) Write a pre-test application that creates a "sub-script" file (like a mini BurnInTest script file) that sets the following parameters before BurnInTest starts the test:

SETSERIAL < Serial Number >
        SETSERIAL "1234-shdfgdhs-GHGHG"

SETMACHINETYPE < Machine Name>
        SETMACHINETYPE "Dell XPS800"

SETNOTES <Notes >
        SETNOTES "Test notes defined by the external application."

SETLOG <Filename>
        SETLOG "C:\Program Files\Plugin\plugin_log"

See:
        - Help, Test preferences - Pre-Test: Run external application &wait for it to exit (Passing configuration information from an external program to BurnInTest).
        - The following zip file contains an example pre-test application that does this (you will need a C compiler - but it is an example):
        http://www.passmark.com/ftp/BurnInTe...ple_plugin.zip

(ii) You could have your batch file create a BurnInTest script file and run the script file. In the script file you would do the same as above.

Regards,
        Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Hi Ian,
          thanks for your reply, I'm looking forward for the next update.

Unfortunatly I'm not very familiar with coding in C, I only had some basic training with C++yet. I'll see if I can handle that, I already had a look at the sample Plugins code. I still would prefere a batch file, because I feel more safe with it.

But I just have an idea, I'll post my results here. It should be possible to create such a sub-script with batch commands also.

It's a very big issue, that it's not possible to set Technicians Name. In our case we would use a number not the real name, but that's no matter. Do you have a rough schedule for this feature?

Best regards
          Malte

Comment

Within a month - hopefully sooner.
            Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,
              that sounds good so far.

By the way I succeeded with my batch file!

Code:
              @echo off
              rem BurnIn Test pre-Testsetup by Malte
              color 57
              if exist tmp-script.txt del tmp-script.txt
              :start
              set /p _tech=enter Tester ID: 
              set /p _sn=enter Serial Number: 
              set /p _mod=enter Model Number: 
              set /p _fa=enter Assembly Order Number: 
              cls
              echo.
              echo       roda Computer GmbH
              echo      ----------------------------------------------
              echo.
              echo                roda BurnIn-Test starter
              echo.
              echo.
              echo            Tester ID:      %_tech%
              echo            Computer S/N:   %_sn% 
              echo            Model:          %_mod%
              echo            Assembly order: %_fa%
              echo.            
              echo.            
              echo.  
              echo        (C) 2006 Malte
              echo       Everything correct? Press crt+c to cancle
              pause
              echo SETLOG "%_sn%.log" >> tmp-script.txt
              echo SETMACHINETYPE "%_mod%" >> tmp-script.txt
              echo SETSERIAL "%_sn%" >> tmp-script.txt
              echo SETNOTES "%_fa%" >> tmp-script.txt
              type tmp-script.txt >> bit-script-input.txt
              That is the initial batch file. Because I'm running several test configurations, I have to run the following script before each following test:

Code:
              type tmp-script.txt >> bit-script-input.txt
              It's working fine actually.

Have a nice Day
              Malte
              Last edited by malte; Sep-01-2006, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Serial number in the Bios

Hi,

I would like BIT to get the serial number and system model flashed into the Bios to the log file since the log file produced in winPE and actual winXP contain a different name ( host name )
                Do we have any available solution?

Thanks
                Thanh

Comment

Hi thanh,
                  I gues it will only work if you have a third party application, that can read that information from BIOS (DMI) and write the BIT commands to the subscript.

That sounds very intersting, please let me know if you've found a solution, because we're doing exactly the same. Flashing that information to BIOS, and than manually enter again for the BIT.

Best regards
                  Malte

Comment

Hi there,
                    maybe somebody will find this programming infomration usefull...

http://www.pbus-167.com/nhc/nhc_adva...pi_programming

Comment

We actually have software that dumps out a lot of this information (and more) already.

But the utility that does this is not a commercial application nor is it part of BurnInTest. It also probalby doesn't work on all hardware, as we have only tested it on maybe a dozen machines. And it probably won't work with Vista given the new 'security' functions in Vista.

In the meantime, if you wanted some custom software development done in this area E-mail us.

Comment

Hi Mate,

Originally posted by malte View Post
                        Hi thanh,
                        I gues it will only work if you have a third party application, that can read that information from BIOS (DMI) and write the BIT commands to the subscript.

That sounds very intersting, please let me know if you've found a solution, because we're doing exactly the same. Flashing that information to BIOS, and than manually enter again for the BIT.

Best regards
                        Malte
                        I have a solution not for money but for friendship.
                        please email me at tdang@ncst.com for more info.

Best wishes
                        Thanh

Comment

Working...
                        X