Log FPS from 3D Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log FPS from 3D Test

As the title says, I was wondering if there was any way to log the FPS that is shown during the 3D Test that plays as part of the Burn In Test.

I have looked through all the setting and can't see anything obvious that would allow it to be recorded, and it doesn't appear to be included in the report that can be saved at the end of the test.

Not at this time. The FPS is currently not saved or logged. The FPS that is shown on the screen is the instantaneous FPS and changes frequently as the scene is rendered. The FPS can change with the load, the part of the scene being rendered, or the total number of outputs selected.

Besides the scene loop itself, the test itself is set to run for 15 minutes and then restarted (the test is a separate process, and this is partly to ensure the test didn't crash, or to start the test again if it did.) Instead of the GUI FPS, we can possibly include an option to log the average FPS to the report. I've added it to the list of feature request for possible change in the future for BurnInTest.

The FPS value won't be very meaningful however unless you also know the Window size for the 3D test (resolution), the duty cycle settings, which test options were selected and what other load is running in the background. If you want to measure 3D FPS, then PerformanceTest is a much better tool.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I actually started looking at Perf Test just after I posted this and realised that it would be better for the FPS side - Thanks for adding it to the list of possible changes though.

Comment

Working...
      X