Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running BIT from Network location temp logging issue

Good Afternoon

I am having an issue with BIT and I was wondering if this was intentional or a limitation of some kind.

I am running BIT from a shared folder on my laptop, this allows me to hook the laptop to the same (wired) network as the client PC I'm looking at, and run BIT & other programs easily.
    I have only recently added BIT to the software that I use, and have noticed that if I run it locally on the PC, it picks up the CPU, GPU, and HDD temp sensors with no issues. However, when running it from the network location, it appears that BIT can't find the CPU temp sensors and thus only lists the HDD/GPU temps.

So I was wondering if this is a limitation in Windows or should BIT still be able to get the temp info even when running from a shared network folder & something is going wrong with BIT its self.

BurnInTest also uses a custom driver for certain purposes, such as obtaining temperatures. BurnInTest will not or may not have sufficient privileges to install the driver from a network.

A workaround is to use the "Install to USB Drive" option to write the necessary files to a folder, then place the folder on a network drive. Then have a batch script that will copy the contents of the network folder locally on the test machine. Then run BurnInTest and then delete the folder on the test machine.

Windows in the past would never load device drivers from removable drives or network drives (if booting from a local drive). We haven't tested this recently however. So your mileage may vary.

Comment

Working...
    X